Haven butler & concierge tipping

Patchoguecruiser

19 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

We will be on the Epic in the spring. I know personnel may certainly change between now and then, and not to hijack the thread, but what was wrong with the butlers?

I've never had a cruise where the butler didn't come by the first day until this one, and it didn't get any better.  We had to ask to have coffee, juice, etc. restocked after I tracked him down or left a note - never done automatically.  Plus, I'm use to the butler picking up on my request and offering to repeat (little things like m&m, chips, etc).  Every breakfast delivered was cold!  Maybe I'm spoilt, but I'm use to the butler dropping by every day to see how things were going - nope.  Yes, daily snacks were delivered.  Day four the first butler dropped by (finally) but just to let me know he was going to the other side of the Heaven the next day, and we'd have a new butler (maybe someone complained?).  Of course, he managed to show up the next morning for his tip.  New butler did come by early that day, and fully restocked.  Yes!  Or so I thought.  Four days later no barware, silverware, coffee, etc. left in cabin.  At least breakfast wasn't cold with the second butler.    

23 hours ago, Girr said:

I've never had a cruise where the butler didn't come by the first day until this one, and it didn't get any better.  We had to ask to have coffee, juice, etc. restocked after I tracked him down or left a note - never done automatically.  Plus, I'm use to the butler picking up on my request and offering to repeat (little things like m&m, chips, etc).  Every breakfast delivered was cold!  Maybe I'm spoilt, but I'm use to the butler dropping by every day to see how things were going - nope.  Yes, daily snacks were delivered.  Day four the first butler dropped by (finally) but just to let me know he was going to the other side of the Heaven the next day, and we'd have a new butler (maybe someone complained?).  Of course, he managed to show up the next morning for his tip.  New butler did come by early that day, and fully restocked.  Yes!  Or so I thought.  Four days later no barware, silverware, coffee, etc. left in cabin.  At least breakfast wasn't cold with the second butler.    

Thank you for sharing that! That's so unfortunate and sounds like it was so far below what we all expect in the Haven, especially considering how much more we all pay for the experience. I hope you reported it to NCL because if my first Haven experience were like this, I'd be pretty turned off and probably wouldn't want to spend that kind of money again with NCL.

Edited by rbxlady