Dining Reservations

seasidemn

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

Yeah... don't blame you for not wanting to cal them. Good luck...hope you get it al worked out.  It'll be a great cruise either way. 😎

We loved our 12/14 sailing on Grandeur so much we weren't home a week before booking the 4/10 NYC-Barcelona sailing! Can't wait to go back. 

11 minutes ago, pappy1022 said:

If you had a reservation for 4, it would show the other people on this reservation. I once had an email showing a confirmation for 6 people but the website didn’t jive with what the email said. I would definitely call them to confirm what you have.

It's a shared 4-top, so I doubt we've been paired with anyone yet, and even if we had, it wouldn't show the other names unless we booked as a group using their booking number and names. I believe they pair "strangers" up internally.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2024 at 7:39 AM, GMIAC said:

Maybe I'm not explaining this correctly. I have a four-top at 7. I'm searching for a 2-top for the same evening. The above image shows what it looks like when I search when NO is selected. Does this mean that there's a 2-top available at 7, and I just have to click  RESERVE NEW to get that table? Of if I click RESERVE NOW will is do the same thing as if I click CANCEL RESERVATION?

5FA814C2-65CF-4ABE-94CC-DCF81566397B_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.398b628b6a36d10884866e45a8df07a8.jpeg

7A4FA476-89CB-4F38-8DBB-97C0605727D8.thumb.jpeg.00d607c17eacae792b6e1aaa03c3128e.jpeg

Have you tried clicking “yes” and comparing the available times?  If different times are shown that would indicate that the times shown above are in fact two-tops. 

5 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

Have you tried clicking “yes” and comparing the available times?  If different times are shown that would indicate that the times shown above are in fact two-tops. 

I wouldn't want to risk losing my 4-top at 7PM. I don't trust the wonky RSSC website. 

1 minute ago, GMIAC said:

I wouldn't want to risk losing my 4-top at 7PM. I don't trust the wonky RSSC website. 

How come you don't want to call Regent?  I have never had any problems calling them other than sometimes - like on a Monday, having to wait to get someone.  I have found them to be very helpful.

1 minute ago, GMIAC said:

Until you actually select something, nothing changes. Checking yes or no on sharing only changes the available times displayed, I do that all the time as I decide whether to share or not. Your reservation will only be affected if you select a new time. 

1 minute ago, Socky Sunshine said:

How come you don't want to call Regent?  I have never had any problems calling them other than sometimes - like on a Monday, having to wait to get someone.  I have found them to be very helpful.

I've only called a handful of times, and have had long waits (15 minutes+) each time. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

3 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

Until you actually select something, nothing changes. Checking yes or no on sharing only changes the available times displayed, I do that all the time as I decide whether to share or not. Your reservation will only be affected if you select a new time. 

Of course! I was misreading your question. Here's what comes up with I click YES (share). So I guess there are no 2-tops at 7, my preferred time. 

D4403407-6D31-4F0F-B5CB-D57341D3DD9C.thumb.jpeg.3dcb03bf57c0d1c38d283b804b892383.jpeg

1 hour ago, GMIAC said:

I've only called a handful of times, and have had long waits (15 minutes+) each time. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

You've probably spent at least as long as that posting here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, minotaur said:

You've probably spent at least as long as that posting here!

I never pass up a chance to waste time on the Internet! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Of course! I was misreading your question. Here's what comes up with I click YES (share). So I guess there are no 2-tops at 7, my preferred time. 

D4403407-6D31-4F0F-B5CB-D57341D3DD9C.thumb.jpeg.3dcb03bf57c0d1c38d283b804b892383.jpeg

We prefer 7:00 as well. Our last cruise to get a 2-top we had to reserve 6:30. One of life’s trade offs. 

4 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

We prefer 7:00 as well. Our last cruise to get a 2-top we had to reserve 6:30. One of life’s trade offs. 

That screenshot was the four-top availability. The only two-tops were at 8:30 or 9:00.

Edited by GMIAC

20 hours ago, GMIAC said:

That screenshot was the four-top availability. The only two-tops were at 8:30 or 9:00.

I understood that. I was simply speaking of my own experience. 

• Like 1