Norwegian Fjords

bigilla

Hi... We are a family consisting of 2 adults and an 18 year old. We would like to take a cruise in the Norwegian Fjords. We are considering MSC Euribia and Costa Diadema. Which one has the most facilities for teenagers? And, will we be able to use the outside facilities on a norwegian cruise? Thanks in advance.

Well, I am afraid for an 18-year-old the youth facilities will remain closed, we talk about a young adult. This means every other facility of the ship will be open for him or her. Costa is absolute top regarding entertainment, there is life music everywhere, looking for something suiting the own taste is easy. MSC bored even me to bed. If you can afford it do Costa, from how they treat their guests to maintenance of the ship, from food to hygiene they are far superior. And I enjoyed Northern Norway during summer both with T-shirt and a thick coat, regarding weather you simply need luck, it is not predictable.

thanks a lot for your detailed reply. Do you think we will be able to utilize the pools? And I assume that our 18 year old wont be able to attend the Teen Zone, right? Since they cater for teenagers till 17 years of age

Yes, use of youth facilities is limited to 17 years. The Diadema has two pools. That one in the centre is under a sliding roof, which will be closed when it becomes a little bit fresh already. So it can be used pretty much all the time. Only when the sea gets that rough that being in the pool would be dangerous the internal pool will be emptied. This happens very seldom, but I had it recently on another Costa vessel in the Bay of Biscay during an autumn storm. The pool at the heck can’t be covered and use really depends on the weather. If that is fine there is no reason not to use it.

Perfect thanks...sorry for asking a lot of questions...our daughter only drinks water...is this available all times on the cruiseliner or we have to buy a water package?....Me and my husband only drink water and soft drinks...is there a package that covers only these? Thanks again

There are water dispensers and they are free to use on the pool deck / buffet, for breakfast also juices are available at these stations. It is the same tap water as in the cabins. In the Main Dining Rooms only mineral water is served with lunch and dinner. But an important note: if you want an all-inclusive softdrink package everybody in a booking has to take the same, just to prohibit that one person pays all-inclusive and distributes drinks among friends and family. It could be a solution to book two cabins independently with different tariffs, an 18-years adult may cruise on her own... Lately somebody had put menus here onto the forum, so look yourself what works out for you. I never saw the softdrink packages in online presale, on my last cruise it was offered aboard at 29 € per person and day. Alternatively you have the possibility to buy vouchers, 20 glasses for 79 € or 40 glasses for 135 €. These you may share within the family. 13 bottles with mineral water are for sale for 42 €.

I would recommend bringing an insulated water bottle on the cruise. I always fill a glass at the buffet with water and dump it into a water bottle for the day (you don't fill the bottle directly to prevent contamination of the water dispenser). 

And all water is treated on the ship so you can always drink the water from your bathroom tap if desired. 

There is no reason to buy water bottles unless you simply prefer it.