Have you ever been on a holiday cruise?

PumpkinPatches

16 minutes ago, Traveling Fools said:

Yes, We did a NYE cruise in 2004 aboard the Mille.  It was a big party with never ending bubbly. DW woke up the next morning a bit hung over,  We went ashore in Cozumel looking for some Menudo, but because it was New Years day, everything was closed.

We will be spending this Thanksgiving aboard Azamara's "Onward" on a TA from Lisbon to Miami.

For the ideal holiday itinerary, Christmas Day and New Year's Day are both sea days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PumpkinPatches said:

I think that would be fun to travel on Christmas day...when I was a travel agent people would ask for the best flight prices during the holidays and 12/25 and 01/01 were always much cheaper! It could be a fun gift for my kids, maybe have their suitcases packed with a bow on it and it's like surprise! we're going on a trip! They would love that. We're trying to teach our kids that memories/life experiences are much more valuable than a mountain of toys.

10 hours ago, PumpkinPatches said:

I think that would be fun to travel on Christmas day...when I was a travel agent people would ask for the best flight prices during the holidays and 12/25 and 01/01 were always much cheaper! It could be a fun gift for my kids, maybe have their suitcases packed with a bow on it and it's like surprise! we're going on a trip! They would love that. We're trying to teach our kids that memories/life experiences are much more valuable than a mountain of toys.

What a brilliant idea for a gift.  I remember flying on Christmas Day in 1998, from Ontario Canada to Alberta Canada.  ( I was taking my 2 teen daughters on a ski trip.). There were only about 6 of us on the flight!!  The cockpit crew let my 2 girls view the skies from the cockpit!  Better experience and memories than any clothing or video game I could have bought them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

Can anyone comment on the Christmas Eve and Day menus in the MDR and Blu?  Is it a step up from the regular menu?  We are not interested in the $150 pp speciality dining Christmas offering.

Here are the MDR menus for Christmas/New Years during our Dec 2019 Solstice sailing.  The menus are not enhanced because of the holidays and what you are looking at are menus before the recent cost savings cutbacks that have occurred this year:

Dec 24, 2019 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu

Dec 25, 2019 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu

Dec 31, 2019 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu

Jan 1, 2020 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu 

image.thumb.jpeg.c9b62c52101afb032356170

Solstice, Dec 31 2019, Near New Zealand on the Tasman Sea

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Here are the MDR menus for Christmas/New Years during our Dec 2019 Solstice sailing.  The menus are not enhanced because of the holidays and what you are looking at are menus before the recent cost savings cutbacks that have occurred this year:

Dec 24, 2019 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu

Dec 25, 2019 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu

Dec 31, 2019 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu

Jan 1, 2020 Solstice MDR menu, Dessert menu 

image.thumb.jpeg.c9b62c52101afb032356170

Solstice, Dec 31 2019, Near New Zealand on the Tasman Sea

Thank you!