Nov 18 2023 Nautica Sailing from Barcelona

leevart321

The new itinerary on Oceania's website shows that Safaga, Aqaba, and Muscat are no longer listed as ports.  After the Nautica leaves Crete there are 9 sea days until it arrives in Dubai.

Edited by lj77346
spelling change

1 hour ago, jhigbie said:

Talked to CS supervisor at Oceania.  No cancellation, no compensation, no future cruise credit.  This is from the top.  Enjoy  the boat ride.  

At least he gets the satisfaction of knowing he's helping to cover Oceania's overhead for repositioning their ship.  That has to count for something.

• Haha 1

Handled about as poorly as possible.  They were providing FCCs to the people who (figuratively) jumped ship ahead of the change.  According to our TA, Oceania told her they ended the FCC's "yesterday."  Even if you want to transfer to a more expensive cruise a few months from now, and give Oceania more money, the answer is no.

• Like 1

I certainly understand why they would cancel the Middle East ports but the current itinerary is a much less expensive route than we paid for. Personally I am not comfortable cruising 9 days at sea. If you look on a map there is no where you could get medical help if needed. You couldn’t be flown to Israel, Egypt, Jordan or Africa. This is unacceptable to not offer a FCC . I get there are no refunds. 
I will think twice when booking my next cruise.

• Like 1

When I first read that Oceania was indeed going to offer FCC for those uncomfortable with the revised itinerary, my thoughts were that was an upstanding and class act as a company. This reversal as of today is the opposite in how it is being handled IMO. 
After reading this on three threads this evening, it paints Oceania in a different light for me. I truly hope that this gets resolved in a manner that is satisfactory to all. 

• Like 4

We have been attempting to take this itinerary for about 5 years.  We actually thought it was going to happen this time until a couple of weeks ago, so it's disappointing but we are trying to make the best of it.  This was to be our first big trip since we were finally released from the horrors of the Australian Covid lockdowns and border closures.  We, too, have been to some of these Mediterranean ports before but would still like to book shore excursions to replace those that will will now not be doing, but I have not been recredited the money from all the shore excursions I booked for Jerusalem, Egypt, Oman, and Jordan.  I would've thought that the recredit would be automatic.  I'm also going to have to contact the travel insurance and add these other port stops to our policy.  Looking forward to meeting you all over there, unless it is finally cancelled.  It seems that the hostilities are getting worse and we are going to be sailing very nearby, which is concerning.  I hope the Canal remains safe for passenger vessels.  It would be awful if the cruise was cancelled half way through.