Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

3 minutes ago, redfords said:

This is brutal. This is fyrefest x 1 million

Midlife ought to be careful or they will be voted off the island by Mike & Kathy!  Mike DOES NOT tolerate any negative social posts.

1 minute ago, as3369 said:

Midlife ought to be careful or they will be voted off the island by Mike & Kathy!  Mike DOES NOT tolerate any negative social posts.

The odd thing about Mikael lately is that whilst he was an extraordinarily energetic attention seeker and on every media opportunity during the selling days but he has now become uncharacteristically shy and coy since.  I’m sure many have requested interviews.  

Perhaps he is avoiding being asked questions.  

You would think if he was confident about the future that he would jump at every chance and opportunity of explaining and reassuring. As Jenny Phenix discovered he certainly doesn’t like being asked pretty straightforward questions. 

Where is Mikael?

Jeff 

4 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

The odd thing about Mikael lately is that whilst he was an extraordinarily energetic attention seeker and on every media opportunity during the selling days but he has now become uncharacteristically shy and coy since.  I’m sure many have requested interviews.  

Perhaps he is avoiding being asked questions.  

You would think if he was confident about the future that he would jump at every chance and opportunity of explaining and reassuring. As Jenny Phenix discovered he certainly doesn’t like being asked pretty straightforward questions. 

Where is Mikael?

Jeff 

In his home office i.e. rental home in Pembroke Pines, Fl

23 minutes ago, as3369 said:

I finally found it, it's buried among the responses (700 comments on their last video). 

Yes, VV does not believe in free speech. 

Not being able to flush the toilets is a health concern, and I'm sure if they can't get it fixed quickly they will be shut down. Maybe why Mike & Kathy took off? 

8 minutes ago, PG_traveller said:

I finally found it, it's buried among the responses (700 comments on their last video). 

Yes, VV does not believe in free speech. 

Not being able to flush the toilets is a health concern, and I'm sure if they can't get it fixed quickly they will be shut down. Maybe why Mike & Kathy took off? 

And now a MANDATORY beverage package of 14.95 pp per day.... $900 extra monthly per couple.  What they are going through with this ship, all drinks should be complimentary!

1000004419.jpg

I’ve been watching the VVO drama for a week or so. It all smells rather fishy.

Little things like docking at Brest at the mineral dock for a single day - cheap berthing. Why Brest, Bordeaux is much nicer - cheap berthing. Docking at Bilbao tomorrow morning, why not berth this afternoon to get out of the storm in Biscay - cheap berthing. 

Most noticeable is the AIS track - i know it only works reasonably close to shore, but the propagation plots for AIS across Biscay are pretty comprehensive. - other ships show? The boat must be mid Biscay and travelling at less than 10kn to not be picked up - save fuel.

Why slow down when the wave heights are increasing in the next 6 hours (2.9 increasing to 4.5) and wind picking up (20 increasing to 30). 

I do feel sorry for the people who invested in this - those that were unaware. Metaphorically speaking the water at the drinking hole that is VVO is now poisoned, and I’d very much doubt there are many investors now queuing up to buy an apartment, on the back of what appears to be a floating Ponzi scheme.

As someone wisely wrote above, there won’t be many businesses looking to extend credit lines to this underfunded venture. The capital expenditure costs may sink this ship in a week or two. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoastguardKitKat said:

I do feel sorry for the people who invested in this - those that were unaware.

As someone wisely wrote above, there won’t be many businesses looking to extend credit lines to this underfunded venture. The capital expenditure costs may sink this ship in a week or two. 

At this stage and in these scenarios, capital expenditure is unlikely to be the tipping point but it is far more likely to be a small set of essential consumable expenses that starts a domino effect.  It could be something simple like being refused fuel without payment in advance, or food or housekeeping supplies. It bugs me that they didn’t return to port in Belfast for water and other stuff before setting off for Brest.  Was there a credit issue?  What happened at Brest?

Once the domino starts it rarely stops until it’s over.

I’m hoping that the prudent instincts of people onboard decide to disembark at the earliest opportunity - even if only temporarily - until things become more certain and only rejoin when it is safer.  Sometimes, it’s better to shrug and walk away, even if it subsequently proves to have been unnecessary. Better to be safe than otherwise.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 1

Well, I wouldn’t want to be in Biscay playing dominoes tonight, even with 14 drinks for $14.95!. They’ll be cleaning those 20 year old Braemar carpets tomorrow morning.

It’s a crisis of confidence. Once people start leaving, even on a temporary basis, more will start worrying and want off/out. No one will want to buy in. Why would you sink £500k into VVO.

In that sense the CEO is pretty tuned into this confidence problem, hence he’s trying to quell any dissent. My money says this venture is already heading on a straight course for the proverbial rocks.

As for Belfast, I think they had to sail after sitting offshore for 3 days.The confidence in the company would have been completely shot if it had to return, better to make a run for it. 

Brest isn’t the best port, but they could have stopped there for a few days to iron out a few issues, bunker, take on water and sit out the storm while the passengers got to see rural France and eat crossiants. 

Edited by CoastguardKitKat

1 hour ago, as3369 said:

On a positive note, Living on a cruise posted that the toilets are operable.  Sometimes the small things are the biggest things.

Be careful what "Living Life On A Cruise" posts. Johan is a real special friend to Mike. They made their deposit in June/July 2023 before VVR was actually founded (August 2023). 

I'd believe it when more people confirm it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Be careful what "Living Life On A Cruise" posts. Johan is a real special friend to Mike. They made their deposit in June/July 2023 before VVR was actually founded (August 2023). 

I'd believe it when more people confirm it.

Maybe not special enough to be denied breakfast when he missed meal times...only $3.00 for his Bud Light liquid breakfast.  🤣

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Question: they have not yet arrived in Bilbao but cruise mapper shows their next destination as ROSYTH. Isn't that a town in Scotland?

May be an error in reporting.. Looks like ship heading directly to Bilbao