Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

I've looked at the site and it's almost cryptic.  No ship information.  Regardless, why buy when you can sail on plenty of cruise ships for more than likely LESS.  Looking at NCL, I can bag as a single cruiser, a 10 day Panama Canal cruise for less than $60 a day, in a balcony cabin.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

New story on Cruise Industry News:

Villa Vie to Announce Ship Purchase Agreement in December

This new line does look more substantial than some other smoke dreams – but I still won't put money down on a ship that isn't sailing yet, no matter who the owner is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Villa Vie Residences Purchases Braemar from Fred Olsen Cruise Lines

And people investing in this cruise are still getting a 30 year old hull, regardless of how much is spent renovating the hotel side.

Had to laugh at the comment that the "flatter hull" makes her more able to go up inland waterways and rivers.  Braemar's hull is no "flatter" than Oasis of the Seas.  What allows her to go to these places is her lower draft than larger ships.  And, that is merely a function of overall ship size, not any special condition of the Braemar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I don't know that this kind of thing would ever be for me, but being able to buy for as low as $100,000 + $2500 per month solo (inside cabin), with a guarantee that the monthly would never go up, might be compelling for a lot of people. It sounds like everything, really everything, is included plus the ports and timing also seem unique compared to mass lines. An inside cabin might not be ideal, but it's on the ship. These are usually so much more expensive that the pricing might draw interest.

Personally, it seems like a guarantee that monthly fees will never be changed even at 15+ years is a recipe for business failure. There's gotta be some fine print somewhere. I'm not in this business or industry, so I don't know, but that seems really unlikely to last, unless it's a limited startup promo

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Miss Ellsworth said:

Personally, it seems like a guarantee that monthly fees will never be changed even at 15+ years is a recipe for business failure.

They are only going to sell a certain number of these. The rest will be used for people cruising segments and not owning. Those prices will go up with inflation. 

Also, let's get real. Not all of those people who buy a cabin will stay the course for the full 15 years. They'll sell their cabin back to the cruise line and the cruise line will resell it at a higher monthly rate. 😄 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

I think it includes food too, but what would the quality be like? 

From their marketing materials, it looks like food is an important part of the experience. For example, they are going to have all these culinary classes and events involving their chefs.

So I would expect restaurant quality, maybe not a Michelin Star restaurant but better than Hometown Buffet and better than I get at home. 😄

• Like 1