Lotus spa

WynterSong

You just wear your regular clothes to the spa.  When you get into the treatment room, they will tell you to undress completely or leave on your underwear if you're more comfortable with that and get under a sheet that is on the table.  The masseuse will leave the room while you do that. 

In my experience, when going for an individual massage, you check in at the front desk and they direct you to the ladies dressing room where there are lockers and showers. You are provided with a robe and slippers and can leave your clothes in the locker. You then go out and relax in a waiting area where they have infused water and tea and clipboards with a form they ask you to fill out and provide to your massage therapist who will come and collect you and take you to your treatment room. Very much like a doctors office.

It was different with our couples massage - in that instance we were taken directly to our treatment room and undressed with our clothes set aside in the room. I didn't really like it as well - I prefer to be provided with a robe.

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1

On Discovery, changing was in the treatment room, in private. I saw a few people come and go in their stateroom provided robe, but I prefer to wear my casual clothes in public spaces. Just a tip-this was my first spa experience on a cruise ship and was surprised by the service charge added onto the stated cost of the massage. I had been given a gift “discount” for the massage, but it was pretty much wiped out by the service charge. While I enjoyed the massage, it was way overpriced. Probably would not do it again.  I can get two or three at home for the price.

• Like 1

I haven't been directed to a dressing room since cruises started after the pandemic, it's always change in the treatment room.  What I do is scout out the staircase that comes down/up by the spa, change in my room into robe and slippers and then go up and down that staircase.  I hate getting the massage oil on my personal clothing.

So surprised by all the replies about changing in the treatment room - in all the years we have been cruising with Princess I have only had that experience once on our couples massage and I figured it was unique to that service. Maybe that is the new trend now on the newer ships. I actually really liked having the ability to change in the locker room and leave my clothes in the locker and slip into a nice robe and go sit and have a tea or water before my treatment and then shower and dress afterwards so I don't get my clothes all oily. It makes the experience seem a little more pampering.

• Like 1