Itinerary Changes for Upcoming Dubai - Dubai 16th November

difranco

As pointed out tonight by a fellow cruiser, Doha overnight has been changed to a delayed departure from Dubai by 30hrs, followed by a day at sea. At this rate we’ll be moored in Dubai for the full 9 days. This shows on “My Silversea” but not on Silversea sales page for this cruise. However, this cruise was sold out a few weeks ago and is now available in most cabin categories.

IMHO I can’t see any cruise ships trying to get around “The Strait of Hormuz” into the Persian Gulf between Oman and Iran in the near future. The risk factor from Iran is cranking up as the USS Roosevelt is now sailing at full speed from the Atlantic to the Iranian coast line as we type.

8 hours ago, carefreecruise said:

Don't think the cruise lines, passengers and gulf countries are happy at this time. I'm sure people living in Palestine and Israel would love to have their biggest problem, being the cruise company changed their itinerary.

Fair point, however, if we never discuss topic’s through fear that those in other parts of the world are 

worse off than ourselves or would willingly swap their problems for ours, we would never move forward.

Perhaps only those who will be cruising in the area shortly should comment on my post !

• Like 1

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Itinerary Changes for Upcoming Dubai - Dubai 16th November
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 8:25 AM, difranco said:

Mine and my wife’s were also found lurking in the junk box. Is that an omen ?

On 10/30/2023 at 8:25 AM, difranco said:

Mine and my wife’s were also found lurking in the junk box. Is that an omen ?

I eventually received my final cruise docs on Monday, fly out tomorrow ..

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:55 PM, difranco said:

IMHO I can’t see any cruise ships trying to get around “The Strait of Hormuz” into the Persian Gulf between Oman and Iran in the near future.

Well, the Spirit is still scheduled to do that on November 30th, so we shall see.

FWIW, at the Q&A with the CEO on Muse recently, she noted that SS has a department/group that constantly monitors the world situation and makes adjustments to itineraries as needed to ensure passenger (and crew) safety.  She added that the locations available to cruise are “shrinking” at the moment.  This was in response to a question about a return to St. Petersburg but her response obviously incorporated the Middle East.