Santorini Skyline Travel private tour

tobyt

This port gave me cause for days and I struggled with how to handle. After reaching out to many operators opted to use Skyline for a truly memorable day. Yes, the tender and the cable car is not ideal but this was a stop I had been dreaming of! Up early and a tender ticket wait which was not awful, YES I got up early on vacation to be there long before our tour would start and I would do it again.

Tender in then a short wait for the cable car, it was less than organized and I could easily see tempers flaring on a busy day or when lines are long. Thankfully we made it up no issues before the cable car stopped running due to some electrical problems. As a person who shut theirs eyes going up and down I would not be able to handle getting stuck! I did see people walking up and we did consider in the afternoon as the line was long but it moved quickly and I was glad not to smell like donkey poo!

Vicky was a dream helper planning our day, quick to communicate and calming my nerves.

Demetri our guide meet us right on time to start the adventure.

Santorini is everything I thought it would be and more gorgeous!
We saw it all, red beach, black beach, lighthouse, beer brewing company, Megchorli (my favorite) and of course the spectacular Oia.

I loved it all and our tour was perfect!

If you are hesitating, concerned or still researching here is my advice….get up EARLY, get on the tender and up the cable car, we actually were at the top several hours early and shopped and had a pastry…and weren’t crazy that we were going to miss our tour.

Reach out to Skyline they will help you plan your perfect day!

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2023 at 7:17 PM, tobyt said:

This port gave me cause for days and I struggled with how to handle. After reaching out to many operators opted to use Skyline for a truly memorable day. Yes, the tender and the cable car is not ideal but this was a stop I had been dreaming of! Up early and a tender ticket wait which was not awful, YES I got up early on vacation to be there long before our tour would start and I would do it again.

Tender in then a short wait for the cable car, it was less than organized and I could easily see tempers flaring on a busy day or when lines are long. Thankfully we made it up no issues before the cable car stopped running due to some electrical problems. As a person who shut theirs eyes going up and down I would not be able to handle getting stuck! I did see people walking up and we did consider in the afternoon as the line was long but it moved quickly and I was glad not to smell like donkey poo!

Vicky was a dream helper planning our day, quick to communicate and calming my nerves.

Demetri our guide meet us right on time to start the adventure.

Santorini is everything I thought it would be and more gorgeous!
We saw it all, red beach, black beach, lighthouse, beer brewing company, Megchorli (my favorite) and of course the spectacular Oia.

I loved it all and our tour was perfect!

If you are hesitating, concerned or still researching here is my advice….get up EARLY, get on the tender and up the cable car, we actually were at the top several hours early and shopped and had a pastry…and weren’t crazy that we were going to miss our tour.

Reach out to Skyline they will help you plan your perfect day!

Hello Toby, seems you had an enjoyable day. We wont be in Santorini till next Sept 30. Was this a private tour or can you share with other passengers on your cruise?There will be 3 ships in port hat day. Ours will be first  arriving at 7:00 AM. Thanks!

Hello, it was a private tour. I used our roll call and met a like minded couple to share the cost. Depending on your activity on the roll call it should be pretty easy to find others to share. Vikki was super responsive and does these very cool photo shots of flying dresses that are beautiful. If I was younger and cuter I would have considered! Photos are amazing on their site!