Embarkation MDR lunch

mrell345

On 10/29/2023 at 10:54 AM, Lady Arwen said:

We never eat breakfast on embarkation morning, so we’re hungry by lunch time and we don’t eat dinner until 7:30.  I just have salad with salmon and veggies and the soufflé.  A much bigger lunch is at the grill with burgers and fries so the MDR lunch is very light in comparison.  And, it’s a much nicer venue.  Lovely way to start your cruise.

I agree. That’s what I have and I would find pizza or a burger to be much heavier.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 5:33 PM, MissP22 said:

Anytime there still working on our cabin we just eave our bags and let them finish.  They'll lock when done.  At least you won't have to carry them to lunch.

That’s what we do. Lock any valuables in the safe, put carry on in the corner of the closet and off we go.

On 10/29/2023 at 6:24 PM, vampiress said:

interesting to me that people consider the mdr embarkation lunch heavy, i've always found it to be pretty light and small portions perhaps it is just what i pick, and i don't think i always pick the same thing. *shrug* .  i've turned my folks onto it and now we always try and get on the ship early to get tor lunch. souflee, i wish they had the orange one again during the cruise, it is better than the chocolate ones, which are still delicious.

Personally don't consider Any mdr meal heavy unless I intentionally make it heavy by ordering multiple things in each course and eating it ALL. One of each and I'm guaranteed to be heading to the buffet for a late night snack.