Can you get dessert receipes from HAL?

dwdowns

Wife and I just returned from 11 nights last week on the Maasdam. She really enjoyed a dessert we had and wondered if there was a way to get the receipe from HAL. It was called a Cappucino Bomb. Has anyone else had it? It is great. Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

The only dessert recipes anyone here has mentioned getting/having are HAL's Bread Pudding and the Chocolate Volcano served in Pinnacle. I have never tasted the Cappucino Bomb.....sounds like it could be Yum. Did you try to get the recipe while you were aboard?

I'm not sure about the desserts but I will be going on the Maasdam in June and would appreciate some info. on the Maasdam. What type of cabin did you have and waht was your overall impression of the ship?

The Cappucino Bomb was, Cappucino Ice Cream covered with a hard Chocolate shell and some really good sauce. I did not ask for the receipe while oboard and should have. It was served on our second night on the ship, and our head waiter managed to get them for our table one other night during our cruise. It was not on the menu again. Like I have said in other posts, the staff on the Maasdam is excellent.

We booked a Oceanview Guarentee, and ended up with a Large OceanView on the Main Deck. The ship was great, the staff is excellent, and I can't imagine not having a great cruise. The Maasdam is going into drydock after it's next voyage and will be even better than.

David

I picked up the bread pudding recipe one day in the Lido...they had it sitting right beside the dessert. My father enjoyed the crab cakes in the Pinnacle that he requested the recipe and got it from the head chef. I guess all you have to do is ask. :)

I picked up the bread pudding recipe one day in the Lido...they had it sitting right beside the dessert. My father enjoyed the crab cakes in the Pinnacle so much that he requested the recipe and got it from the head chef. I guess all you have to do is ask. :)

I'm no whiz in the kitchen :eek: but have managed, more or less successfully :p to make Cappucino Bombs

- pack the ice cream very firmly into bomb shaped containers and freeze really hard. Remember to have spare space in your freezer. Before removing 'bombs' no more than two at a time from the freezer, start melting your dipping chocolate (over boiling water - in what I call a double boiler).

Unmould and set out the 2 'bombs' on a tray lined with wax paper, pour chocolate over and return to the freezer----the reason for space reference above:) ----repeat until your 'bombs' are all coated.

Leave in freezer and transfer to serving plates immediately before serving. Have all your plate decorations ready and handy. I didn't serve a sauce but used piped whipped cream and some cut up seasonal fresh fruit for decoration

I've never done more than 8 at one time! I make them the morning of the party. Definitely a dessert for special occasions! - it does have a WOW factor!!! :D

The Cappucino Bomb..... David

The Volcano Cake Recipe and HAL's Bread Pudding recipes have been posted several times on this board. I haven't bothered to search as I have the recipes, but I think a search should produce them for anyone interested.

Thanks Cruiseoften, I'm sure that will work if I can pull it off. Any ideas for a good sauce to go with the bombe?

Our waiter said we had to have one, or we probably would not have ordered it. When we they served us the bomb again a few nights later, all the tables around us were asking how we got them. This was by far our favorite dessert of the cruise. I don't know if this is new or not since it had been awhile since my last cruise. Anyone else have any great desserts lately?

David

When we attended the cooking demo on the Oosterdam, the Pinnacle chef (can't remember his name) was asked about obtaining recipes (other than the ones already mentioned). He said that they are working on a HAL cookbook but did not say when it might be available.

The Cappucino Bomb was, Cappucino Ice Cream covered with a hard Chocolate shell and some really good sauce. I did not ask for the receipe while oboard and should have. It was served on our second night on the ship, and our head waiter managed to get them for our table one other night during our cruise.

David

We had the Cappucino Bombe one night on the Noordam inaugural as well. It was easily the best dessert I've ever had on a HAL ship.

I wish I'd gotten the recipe too.

. I don't know if this is new or not since it had been awhile since my last cruise.

David

No, the Bombes are not new. They were not around for a long time but it appears Hal has brought them back. :)

Archived