Can we talk about Family Harbor?

MamaToMany

Who can share their experiences in Family Harbor rooms? I’ve got an aft balcony in FH on a Panorama sailing next May. I’d love to know all about what to expect, including potential noise issues from the dining room above, engine noise, tips, tricks, or anything you’d like to share. I’ll be traveling with my 12yo daughter on a girls’ trip, and am hoping she will maybe find a few friends in the FH lounge. What can you tell me? TIA!

4 hours ago, MamaToMany said:

Who can share their experiences in Family Harbor rooms? I’ve got an aft balcony in FH on a Panorama sailing next May. I’d love to know all about what to expect, including potential noise issues from the dining room above, engine noise, tips, tricks, or anything you’d like to share. I’ll be traveling with my 12yo daughter on a girls’ trip, and am hoping she will maybe find a few friends in the FH lounge. What can you tell me? TIA!

I have never been in a Family Harbor room, but I know my kids loved the kids clubs and met lots of friends when they were that age. 

We were in a FH cabin back in 2020 right before covid hit. The cabin had 2 bathrooms which is nice when the kids are traveling with you. Don't recall any issues with noise.

I don't think your daughter will make any friends in the lounge as the parents watch their kids like a hawk. My kids joined the kids clubs and that's where they met new friends. Literally every day they would get together and do things.

The lounge had almost the identical food as the buffet, but for some reason, bacon was never at breakfast. We had to go to the Lido buffet to get my daughter bacon. Oh and you get free coffee and cappuccino in the lounge. Not the best, but it's free.

Enjoy your cruise 🙂

• Like 2

I was in the FH on the Horizon in March of 2022. I really like the lounge for breakfast with my wife and kids and there was bacon every morning on our sailing. As some said before, it's not the place where kids go to meet and make friends, the kids clud is the place for that. 

It was great that the room comes with one night of "night owls" per kid, they really enjoyed it. Didn't use the free meal for the kids at the speciality restaurants.

All in all, enjoyed it enough to book again in the FH for next January.

We have stayed in FH 3 or 4 times. We were forward of the lounge and had no noise issues. Not sure how aft will be.

Just an FYI at 12 the kids now go to a different kids club and she will have much more freedom. Kids can check themselves in and out as they please . It's a lot more casual and not as structured as Camp Ocean. They have some scavenger hunts and other activities that send them around the ship.

Edited by Tnlynch81