Last minute insurance?

I Luv Crusin

I maybe way too late but I'm curious about insurance. We leave on the Veendam, 4/1. Is it too late to get insurance? My DH and I are healthy but we will be leaving our teens at home and in an emergency want to be able to get home if needed.

Thanks!

It's not too late to get insurance. However, at this point pre-existing conditions will not be covered. If something prevents you from taking the trip that you've taken meds for or been seen about in the past 6 months or a year (depending on the policy) then coverage will not be effective.

I suggest that you visit http://www.insuremytrip.com and compare policies side by side. Be sure to read all the provisions. It is possible that "trouble at home" would not be covered at all.

I suggest that you visit www.insuremytrip.com and compare policies side by side. Be sure to read all the provisions. It is possible that "trouble at home" would not be covered at all.

The "trouble at home" I'd be worried about is if something happened to the kids like a hospitalization, car accident, or other major injury. I was talking to a lady once who had gone on an Alaskan cruise. A few days into her cruise her daughter died in a car accident and she had to come home. In a case like that or severe illness(I'm not talking a cold) or injury I'd want to come home whether I had insurance or not.

I've seen that website and I'll go and check it out.

Thanks!

Archived