Special Events Office

Ballwin Babe

I have a group of 33 travelers aboard the Breakaway for a 16 day cruise later this month.  I had planned to have a private Meet and Greet for our group to get better acquainted, and was advised to approach the Special Events desk.

I did so over the summer, and was advised that they would be back to me in about a week, after they'd coordinated with the ship.  I've waited 3 months, and have heard nothing.  I emailed again on Monday, and not even a response.

Has anyone else had similar issues with trying to work with Special Events for this purpose?  

What email address did you use?

I have contacted for a couple of meet and greets on different ships and each time they have replied initially to say they will coordinate with the person on board. Then nearer the time I would get the details of where and when.

From: Special Events Breakaway <SpecialEventsBreakaway@ncl.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 12:45 PM
Cc: Special Events Breakaway <SpecialEventsBreakaway@ncl.com>
Subject: RE: Meet and Greet- Breakaway 11.12.2023-48451156

Good afternoon Joy,

Thank you for contacting Special Events in regards to your MEET AND GREET request.  Please be advised I have sent your request to the ship; keep in mind it can it can take up to 7 business days to receive a reply.  I will forward any information to you as soon as I receive it.  In the meantime, please advise should you need further assistance, thank you.

Regards,

Vanessa Trujillo | Special Events Coordinator

2 minutes ago, Ballwin Babe said:

Sailing departs in 11 days.

I believe that Meet and Greets are optional with NCL. They are not committed to them as some other lines are.

A "private" one could be even more difficult for them.

Perhaps you are being stonewalled.

1 hour ago, Ballwin Babe said:

Yes, even below Carnival.

Ouch. Pretty low blow for the NCL forum.

I am a bit confused, as it seems you've done this before. Why did you wait 3 months before inquiring about your request, and with only 2-weeks or so before the cruise?

Meet and Greets are usually reserved for 25 or more guests and with the backing of Cruise Critic. Are you looking for a special venue to use, or for the cruiseline to provide free snacks/beverages?  There is nothing stopping you from putting together your own meet up. We have done it several times at both sailaway and sea days, all without the backing of NCL because we were a smaller group and then had an 'official' Meet and Greet for a larger group (up to 300 on one sailing) from our Roll Call. Maybe that is what the issue is and why they haven't replied.

I have had good and bad experiences with special events. You need to follow up. I was directed to them for some party of 12 reservations on an upcoming sailing. I called a few times (was given conflicting info on 2 calls) and finally emailed per their request (which would have been nice to know after 1 call told me they would take care of it). It took 12 days for a response.

15 hours ago, Ballwin Babe said:

From: Special Events Breakaway <SpecialEventsBreakaway@ncl.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2023 12:45 PM
Cc: Special Events Breakaway <SpecialEventsBreakaway@ncl.com>
Subject: RE: Meet and Greet- Breakaway 11.12.2023-48451156

Good afternoon Joy,

Thank you for contacting Special Events in regards to your MEET AND GREET request.  Please be advised I have sent your request to the ship; keep in mind it can it can take up to 7 business days to receive a reply.  I will forward any information to you as soon as I receive it.  In the meantime, please advise should you need further assistance, thank you.

Regards,

Vanessa Trujillo | Special Events Coordinator

I received something similar and heard nothing back till 1 month before the cruise when the organiser on the ship came back to the staff on land.Though 11 days is cutting it fine 

I haven't done this before.  I had followed up multiple times within the weeks after I made the request, and was advised to wait until they contacted me.

I have 33 friends (and friends of friends) booked on this sailing, so it would be hard to just meet up somewhere.  

In the meantime, I've set up something else (with the help of our pre-cruise hotel) for the 33 of us to meet each other.

It will be fine.