Grandiosa Mediterranean Cruise sorta kinda trip report, but not really

Anastas617

12 minutes ago, kad56 said:

I assume this is the itinerary on the Grandiosa that includes La Goulette, Tunisia. How were the ports? Looking at the itinerary, it seems like the ships docks pretty close to town in alll of the ports. Were any of the a long distance from the port?

It was, but due to unrest following 10/07 La Goulette was cancelled and replaced with Palma de Mallorca. Marseille port was isolated, though not really far from the city just not somewhere you walk from. Genoa, Palermo and Naples were right at the cities (I took a ship excursion to Pompeii from Naples, so not sure if you can walk right off into the city like at Genoa and Palermo).

4 minutes ago, Anastas617 said:

It was, but due to unrest following 10/07 La Goulette was cancelled and replaced with Palma de Mallorca. Marseille port was isolated, though not really far from the city just not somewhere you walk from. Genoa, Palermo and Naples were right at the cities (I took a ship excursion to Pompeii from Naples, so not sure if you can walk right off into the city like at Genoa and Palermo).

It sounds like a really nice itinerary. I have my eye on it. Did you enjoy the ports?

Just now, kad56 said:

It sounds like a really nice itinerary. I have my eye on it. Did you enjoy the ports?

I did enjoy the ports, but there was a lot of walking and makes for tiring days. I am glad I went in October as I can't imagine doing those tours in the summer. Pompeii (Naples) was my favorite excursion and I really liked Marseille despite the downpour that started immediately after our "free time" off the tour bus started. 

6 hours ago, Anastas617 said:

I'm not sure if the order of these is correct, but I will post what I "think" was the order of dinners. Only took one screenshot of "always available" because the 4 options never changed and I never looked at wine offerings.

Screenshot_20240527_162601_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240527_162610_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240527_162633_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240527_162704_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240527_162730_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240527_162754_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240527_162855_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240527_163001_Gallery.jpg

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 1:33 AM, Anastas617 said:

Thank you for confirming regarding walking into Palermo and Naples. We're on Grandiosa in 2 weeks and hoping to explore both of those after our excursions and then walk back to the ship. 

• Like 1