Livorno Venezia nuovo trip

tfg

16 hours ago, tfg said:

Any recommendations please for boat trips for Venezia nuovo please

There may well be boat tours but I know nothing about them, but I honestly don't think it would be worth taking one.Thinking you should look at reviews (Tripadvisor?)  of this area so your expections are not too high as it does not in any way, shape or form resemble Venice. I would think that around 30 to 45 minutes or so on foot would be ample as it really isn't that great although the city market is also in that area as is the fort.

We stayed in Livorno one day when our overnight  plans for Florence were derailed (pun intended! )by a train strike. Day 2 we headed back to Lucca for a second visit as we loved our first visit so much.

If you plan on staying in Livorno there are a small number of worthwhile sights to visit, and if the day is dry and clear, the Sanctuary of Montenero is probably the #1 if only for the spectacular views.  We took the public bus from the centre of town and I think it was to  the terminus, stopping right next to the funicular which takes you up to the top. All very easy. There are a few things to see up there but the view is fabulous.

We also enjoyed the Museo Civico Giovanni Fattori housed in a wonderful villa, and walked along the sea front which was enjoyable enough, although the "terrazzo" was a disappointment. Between walking the canal, fort and market area, and visiting the Sanctuary, and walking along the sea front, our time there was easily accounted for, it just wasn't what we had planned for Florence.

I tour hardly seems necessary:  Venezia Nuova District in Livorno | Visit Tuscany

The starting point of the walking tour detailed in the link above (Ponte di San Giovanni Nepomuceno) is only about 220 meters/one-tenth of a mile from the place where the cruise ship shuttle buses drop off at Piazza del Municipio in Livorno.

Edited by euro cruiser