Singapore - Which Cruise Terminal?

IWantToLiveOverTheSea

I understand there are two cruise ship terminals in Singapore.  We'll be embarking an Oceania ship in January and I was wondering which cruise terminal we'll likely use.  I know we'll get this information later from Oceania, but am trying to do some initial research now. I found a good amount of information for the newish (I think) Marina Bay Cruise Center, but now I'm wondering if we'll be at the other one, as Silverseas and Viking ships recently used that one.  I'm hoping for Marina Bay, as it seems more central (to the far east of city) to where I want to explore for a few hours after checking in.  

So does anyone know if there's a rhyme or reason as to which cruise center a ship is assigned to?  And if it's the "Singapore Cruise Center" across from Sentosa Island, does anyone know if there's a bus or shuttle to a place more "center city," as there is from the Marina Bay Cruise Center?  And is there a website that describes what's available at or near the terminal like taxis or tourist info or ATM?  Thanks for any info you can give me. 

Well, I have found the website I was looking for, and found my ship reflected on the schedule..  (It wasn't when I looked before.)  So now I know we'll be porting on the western side of Singapore.  But if anyone else has any information on what's in and around the port, and whether there's a shuttle or public bus, etc., I'd appreciate any info you have.

12 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Well, I have found the website I was looking for, and found my ship reflected on the schedule..  (It wasn't when I looked before.)  So now I know we'll be porting on the western side of Singapore.  But if anyone else has any information on what's in and around the port, and whether there's a shuttle or public bus, etc., I'd appreciate any info you have.

I live in Singapore and am able to provide you information. Please do let me know what else might you want to know.

All cruise terminals whether is it the one at Marina Bay Pier or Singapore Cruise Center (VivoCity) are near MRT stations and close to areas where you get a cab. However, getting to MRT stations, bus stops at both Marina Bay and Singapore Cruise Center do require some walking so taking a cab to your hotel or airport is a better choice.

• Like 1

Thank you both for the replies.  I googled, and it appears that from the Singapore Cruise Center to the MRT stations (Northeast & Circle lines' HarbourFront stops is about a 10 minute walk. Here's where it appears I need to go, which I assume is through the port terminal (level 2) then the Maritime Walk, through a section of the Mall to the street and to the station near Telok Blangah Road.  That walk sounds doable for me, but just wanted a second pair of eyes to tell me if routing/timing sound about right.  I don't plan to do that from the airport or hotel, but if I have enough time/energy/interest come cruise day, I may want to go back out for a few hours after I check into the cruise line/ship.  

As for planning routes, can you recommend a good app for that (for Android phones)?  I'm trying to use something at home on my computer (http://journey.smrt.com.sg/ ) and it's acting buggy.  Perhaps I need to try it once I get to Singapore, or try it on my phone instead of desktop computer?  And I'm planning to look at the SMRT Connect app on my phone.

Thank you!  

20 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Thank you both for the replies.  I googled, and it appears that from the Singapore Cruise Center to the MRT stations (Northeast & Circle lines' HarbourFront stops is about a 10 minute walk. Here's where it appears I need to go, which I assume is through the port terminal (level 2) then the Maritime Walk, through a section of the Mall to the street and to the station near Telok Blangah Road.  That walk sounds doable for me, but just wanted a second pair of eyes to tell me if routing/timing sound about right.  I don't plan to do that from the airport or hotel, but if I have enough time/energy/interest come cruise day, I may want to go back out for a few hours after I check into the cruise line/ship.  

As for planning routes, can you recommend a good app for that (for Android phones)?  I'm trying to use something at home on my computer (http://journey.smrt.com.sg/ ) and it's acting buggy.  Perhaps I need to try it once I get to Singapore, or try it on my phone instead of desktop computer?  And I'm planning to look at the SMRT Connect app on my phone.

Thank you!  

I would tell you that as a local, I would still do the cab to wherever I need to go especially if I am  handling luggage. Now, if I just have a backpack and luggage with wheels, I might possibly consider taking public transport.

This is the reason why I will not attempt to take public transport. No 1 reason is that the weather would most likely be in the high 80s to low 90s with high humidity. Unless you live in Florida, the weather would be bearable for you. That is my take.

As for a good app to get around, I would just rely on google maps. Now the good thing is that there are shops near the Singapore Cruise Center that would sell local SIM cards for less than SGD$20 if you are not going to be on a roaming/data plan.

I also forgot to mention that ATMs are located in the mall next to the Singapore Cruise Center. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 12:41 AM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Thank you!  

I am not sure whether did you do a search of Singapore Cruise Terminal itself but if you didn't here is the link with a map of the terminal.

4 hours ago, agape01 said:

I am not sure whether did you do a search of Singapore Cruise Terminal itself but if you didn't here is the link with a map of the terminal.

Yes, I did.  But thank you anyway!  And I do have some more questions about Singapore, but I'll wait until I'm a little bit more organized and can ask a few in one sitting before I ask away.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

And no, I wouldn't be walking to/from the port with luggage.  I may, however, want to walk out of the port and spend a few hours in the city before returning to the ship.  But I may just take a taxi, since they seem to be reasonably priced and widely available.  I don't live in Florida (no, no, never) but I AM pretty heat/humidity tolerant, so I'll be fine.