Black Friday Early Access (Up to 40% off)

JanNSteH

Hi, has this happen to anyone?

Heading out on the Anthem on 11/26.  Two weeks ago, RCL was running a special with 20% off so I reserved Lunch on Day 6 at Izumi.  Now today, I received another email for a Black Friday special where the same lunch is now 40% off.  

I was told that I can rebook or book another lunch at the 40% off price and then cancel the one that I had made two weeks ago.  Not working out for me because when I try to reserve Izumi, it's coming up as "stuffed", basically no availability.  So I call RCL and ask them to see if they can make an adjustment on the price for me and the person I spoke to said that the 40% off pricing is not even coming up on their end.  I said I took a snapshot and that I can send it to them but they don't seem to what me to send them the snapshot.  So, why advertise the special since there's no availability or that they wont make the adjustment.

Anyone else experiencing this?  BTW, the 40% off is only available for lunch at Izumi, Chops and Jamie's.  Dinners do not offer this special.

JH

I was able to cancel my Izumi reservation and book it back within about 5 minutes for the lower price.  It took a few minutes for it to appear after I cancelled it.  I guess there is a risk someone else will grab it, but I was able to adjust mine without that happening.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My close in cruises I'm getting that on a lot of days. Dec 3 I gave up as the only days I can get are the ones I dont want. Day 2 and day 7 I get that stuffed message too. And I don't want day 1 or 3. 

These 40% lunches are going like hot cakes. 

I’m with you.  Tried several times and am giving up on Izumi.  Keeps saying stuff which I take it to mean no availability left so can’t take the chance to cancel existing and re-reserve in the hopes of getting it at 40% off.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My close in cruises I'm getting that on a lot of days. Dec 3 I gave up as the only days I can get are the ones I dont want. Day 2 and day 7 I get that stuffed message too. And I don't want day 1 or 3. 

These 40% lunches are going like hot cakes. 

2 hours ago, Cutigerlady said:

I was able to cancel my Izumi reservation and book it back within about 5 minutes for the lower price.  It took a few minutes for it to appear after I cancelled it.  I guess there is a risk someone else will grab it, but I was able to adjust mine without that happening.

I’m guessing you got very lucky or timed it just right to be able to do the adjustment.

6 hours ago, SplashOfWater said:

If I reserve the Izumi sushi lunch will I be restricted to the prix-fixe menu or can I order a la carte? I'd rather have two 8-piece rolls than an appetizer, two half rolls and dessert. 

If you reserve it you can see it's a fixed price. So yes you get what you reserved, not something else.

If you want ala carte take out just walk in and order to take out. You dont reserve a table to get takeout. You walk in and they hand you a bag with your take out. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1