Mayflower port parking

Poppy6879

Apologies if this is the wrong forum....

Me and my partner are departing on Arcadia in December this year.

I assumed that we would be departing from the Ocean terminal, but recently found out we are departing from the Mayflower terminal.

I was hoping to drop off our cases and then park at the West Quay shopping centre and walk to the terminal, but have realised Mayflower is slightly further away than Ocean.

Has anyone walked from the West Quay centre to Mayflower? Or is a taxi the best option?

We are both relatively fit, with no mobility issues!!

36 minutes ago, Poppy6879 said:

I assumed that we would be departing from the Ocean terminal, but recently found out we are departing from the Mayflower terminal.

I was hoping to drop off our cases and then park at the West Quay shopping centre and walk to the terminal, but have realised Mayflower is slightly further away than Ocean.

Has anyone walked from the West Quay centre to Mayflower? Or is a taxi the best option?

I take a taxi from Town Quay a bit further away and it’s under£10. Not sure if you know West Quay has put up the parking and is now £6 a day. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We always wonder why people walk so far to and from the ships from the city, seems like hard work to me when you should be relaxing in pre cruise mode. After spending a lot on a cruise just spend £10 or so for a taxi and you probably take years out of the life of your suitcases.

As andymichelle says bad in December but I wouldn’t want to be hot and sweaty in warmer weather either prior to embarkation 🥵

• Like 6

On 11/14/2023 at 6:44 PM, Poppy6879 said:

We are also on Arcadia in December and will be using West Quay for parking.  We shall dop cases off first then go and park.  We will be using a taxi as frankly I cant be bothered to walk as its not an attractive walk

• Like 4