First time post and cruise

Addict

Hi all

This is my first post and our first cruise is booked for Xmas 2006.

We have booked Celebrity Constellation, flying out from UK on 17 December, cruise is 11 nights from 18 December then we have 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale (Sheraton Yankee Clipper) before flying home. We have booked cabin 6091 class 2C with balcony on the Penthouse deck. Firstly does anyone have experience of this cabin or similar, we are a bit worried about the lifeboats on the floor below, will they obstruct our view at all?

I suppose we have the same fears and worries as any first timers. ie dress code, tipping all the usual stuff. We have been to the USA 10 times now and in fact just got back a week ago from Florida so a cruise is totally different from our usual holidays. My biggest fear is whether it will be too stuffy for us, we are quite laid back people (husband aged 50 and me 52). Not interested in spa treatments etc but would like to use the T pool (you know what I mean, I can't spell it), but do they make you feel uncomfortable if you use the pool but not have treatments etc.

Oh, and has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper in Fort Lauderdale - any info on that would be great as well.

Thanks again.

Sue

Hi Sue. Welcome to the boards! I'll be travelling from FLL on Connie next March, so will be interested to hear others comments about hotels. It will be first time on this size of ship so not sure of the lifeboat thing, but I would guess you are looking down on part of the lifeboat.

As far as stuffiness, you'll see many posts about dress codes here, but I have never found the atmosphere stuffy. Absolutely not. Yes, it is dressier in the evenings than some lines perhaps, but I like that and is one of the reasons I chose Celebrity. So far I have not been disappointed. I have been fortunate to meet some great people.

The last couple of times we have added tips to our account automatically at the beginning. It worked well for us. No need to draw extra cash and potentially come home with excess. If you are from the UK, more and more TAs there are adding tip costs to the price of the cruise. Mine doesn't, but make sure of what your situation is.

Don't worry about using the T-Pool without having any spa treatments. I have never felt pressured into having them when using the T-Pool on Galaxy or Mercury and the T-Pool on Connie is in a more general and open setting than the smaller ships.

Have a great cruise and don't worry:)

Phil

On the Connie - the Millie type series ships.

The T pool is free to use.

Inside a covered pool area.

Nice wooden chairs with head rests.

This area is where the healthy food is put out - just behind the pool area.

The T pool is a great soft bubble pool where you lay back on the metal tubes and relax a lot.

you will absolutely love it. Our first cruise was on RCL, and we liked it but thought we would probably never go again. Then we sailed celebrity, the Infinity and LOVED it !

We have been on the Connie. You will be very pleased.

I suggest you go to the roll-call thread and find or start one- to see what other CCers you might be traveling with . We have met such wonderful people and friends by doing this.

You will meet very nice people ( and a couple of "crabs" ) those you just ignore.

The entire time you enter the ship you feel special and pampered--enjoy!

I love the T-pool and spend hours there every day , great spot.

If you havnt yet , spend time to read the threads. You get soo much great information from here.

Happy cruising,

Nadine

My first cruise was a 2C on the Penthouse deck in 6093, next door to your cabin. As a matter of fact, there is a connecting door between 6091 and 6093. I could never hear any sound from the passengers next door, however. I saw them on the balcony at sailaway so I know it was occupied.

The lifeboats only obscure a view straight down, so your view of the sea is maybe 8' out, no biggie. Your view straight out is not obstructed in the slightest. The balcony is small, room enough only for two chairs and a small table, but quite enjoyable. I spent many a night reading a book there when my husband was snoring.

The Penthouse deck is midship, so smooth sailing. This cabin is about 5 away from the midship, sea view elevators and very convenient up to the buffet area via the elevator. Also it's a quick easy ride down (or walk down) to the activities on decks 5 and 4. it is a very quiet area, being all staterooms and suites,so you will have no thru traffic from people going anywhere except to their cabins. Unless you can snag one of the larger balconies on that deck, still 2C, this is the best balcony for the price!

Enjoy.

Archived