Christmas in Singapore

mil76

We're going to be in Singapore from December 24-30 after cruising on Spectrum OTS.  I used to manage a team in Singapore so I visited every few months and knew my way around at the time, but my last visit was during the mid-2000's.  During my last visit the Marina Sands was under construction, and the other newer attractions in that area didn't exist, so I have plenty to catch up on.

This trip is my youngest son's graduation present, since he was very young when he first visited, and he wanted to visit again so he could really enjoy all there is to offer.  Originally we were booked for his high school graduation four years ago, but Covid had other plans for that vacation.  Now he is graduating college, and he still wants to get back to Singapore.

I have two questions.  First, does anyone have any experience with Fraser Place Robertson Walk and/or the Robertson Quay area?  Since my company's office was in Suntec City, I have stayed in just about every hotel in that area (Ritz-Carlton, Conrad, Mandarin, Pan Pac, Swissotel, Fairmount, etc.), but Fraser Place has 2 bedroom apartments which should be better for 4 adults (my oldest son is joining us) for 6 days rather than 2 hotel rooms. I have spent time in Boat Quay and Clark Quay, but Robertson Quay will be new to us.

Second, if any of the Singapore locals (or anyone who has spent Christmas in Singapore) have any advice/recommendations for Christmas Eve and Christmas, I'd appreciate it.  Sounds like Orchard Road is a must-see, but I'm not sure what will be open Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 7:29 AM, mil76 said:

We're going to be in Singapore from December 24-30 after cruising on Spectrum OTS. 

Since your questions are very specific and related to land travel it might be best to check Singapore forum on TripAdvisor which is affiliated with Cruise Critic.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g294265-i1748-Singapore.html

It has a lot of helpful information and the search function can be useful. When you search it shows up relevance first but if you look up the top right you can change relevance to date to get more recent information.

I have been in Singapore quite a few times even once post Covid. But stay around MBS area so can't help with Fraser Place. I know in December/January you will get patches of heavy rainfall and humidity so I think an umbrella works better. Thankfully they don't last long and lots of underground malls to use. I'm sure there will be quite a few restaurants that will put on a Christmas meal especially in hotels. Maybe best to book in advance. The Christmas decorations are lovely in the city.

• Like 2