NYC Port Closest Airport?

asctony

We are going on the Crown this summer and have never cruised out of NY. What is the best/closest airport to fly into: JFK, LGA or Newark? Which is the closest and estimated taxi fares? Thank you in advance. Happy Cruising!

Thank you all for the information and suggestions. I believe we will go to LGA as it is the easiest. Any suggestions on hotels close to the port? Nothing fancy, just clean, easy access, and whatever. Thanks again in advance. Happy Cruising!

Thank you all for the information and suggestions. I believe we will go to LGA as it is the easiest. Any suggestions on hotels close to the port? Nothing fancy, just clean, easy access, and whatever. Thanks again in advance. Happy Cruising!

Nothing close to Red Hook, except the Brooklyn Marriott. Pretty pricey.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/NYCBK

Are you planning a trip to Manhattan? Or do you arrive by air one day and board the ship the next? If the latter, you would probably do very well staying around LGA, then go directly to the ship. Priceline hotels can be bid for $80-90.00 on average. Crowne Plaza and Marriott at LGA, most all of the chains at JFK.

If you have planned a day or two for sightseeing pre-cruise, I would stay in Manhattan. You will constantly be dealing with transportation issues if you stay by the airport(s).

Nothing close to Red Hook, except the Brooklyn Marriott. Pretty pricey.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/NYCBK

Are you planning a trip to Manhattan? Or do you arrive by air one day and board the ship the next? If the latter, you would probably do very well staying around LGA, then go directly to the ship. Priceline hotels can be bid for $80-90.00 on average. Crowne Plaza and Marriott at LGA, most all of the chains at JFK.

If you have planned a day or two for sightseeing pre-cruise, I would stay in Manhattan. You will constantly be dealing with transportation issues if you stay by the airport(s).

Thank you so much for the help. Here is what we would like to do. Your opinion/suggestions greatly appreciated.

We are planning to fly in the day before the cruise. Take a taxi from LGA to Hotel in Manhattan and sightseeing/shopping the day before the cruise.

Day of cruise, go from Hotel in Manhattan to Crown Princess.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

First off, you should not worry about your hotel location near the port. Book a mid-town hotel that is convenient to walking, shopping, etc. Since New York Hotel prices have gotten somewhat out of control, you might try booking throught Priceline or Hotwire. I would also recommend you check on http://www.travelzoo.com to see if there are any hotel specials. For tourists, I would recommend the midtown times square area, or East side (North of 33rd Street). When you are ready to go to the port simply grab a taxi.

Hank

Archived