Carnival promotions

BLHensley01

Hello!

My husband & I both received a pretty good promotional code, and we would like to take my parents.  My question is, can each of us book a cabin putting one non VIFP member in each in order to get the promo pricing and then move everyone around when boarded?

Example:

Booking#1: Me/my mom     Booking#2: Husband/my dad

after boarding we would want it to be

Booking#1 me/husband      Booking#2: My mom/dad

Any info is appreciated!

yep, just actually did this with my husband and myself and my step-brother and his wife (my husband/my sister-in-law in one cabin, myself and my step-brother in one cabin)  the only catch is you have to go stand in line at guest services to get extra cabin keys on the first day so you can get into the correct cabins for the whole week 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BLHensley01 said:

Hello!

My husband & I both received a pretty good promotional code, and we would like to take my parents.  My question is, can each of us book a cabin putting one non VIFP member in each in order to get the promo pricing and then move everyone around when boarded?

Example:

Booking#1: Me/my mom     Booking#2: Husband/my dad

after boarding we would want it to be

Booking#1 me/husband      Booking#2: My mom/dad

Any info is appreciated!

Welcome to CC!

Once you are onboard, there are no "bed checks" at night. 😆

As long as there are no noise problems (or underage issues...), there is no interest in who is where, etc.

So the only "problems", to the extent there are problems at all, is how to get access for everyone for the cabins and also how to get the charges charged to the right person (and thus charge card).

We've never had any difficulty asking at Guest Services (or a Concierge or whomever) for extra keycards so that "our friends/relatives could come to our room whenever they wish with our permission".  We then get extra keycards that will open the "other" door, but do not have charge privileges, but I assume that those could be assigned with permission, too.
We NEVER put a cabin number on the card, lest it be lost and someone else finds it...  We'll mark cards with a permanent marker, perhaps something like, "Grandpa's cabin" or "Mary's cabin", etc., so they don't get all mixed up.

Then we can sort of re-assign who sleeps where... the grandkids can sleep in the suite with the grandparents instead of in the family cabin with the parents or whatever...

We *always* tell the steward (or butler, too, if there is one) about any change in "who is in the cabin", and IF this results in extra work, we tip appropriately (including something up front while we thank them for their extra help).  This might be if sleep sofas are being used that weren't expected from the official number of passengers in the cabin, etc.  Or if we request an extra crib (where no wee ones were listed), etc.

Keep in mind that the original "Muster Stations" for the lifeboat drill will need to remain the same as the original ticketing, or the headcounts might not work.  (And for official drills, like the first afternoon/evening, they DO check that everyone shows up at the right station, so don't try to change those assignments.)

In your situation, it seems it would be even more simple:  two adults per cabin booked, two adults per cabin as used.

(And in case one person/couple is picking up all of the expenses, then the issue of which keycard goes to which charge card doesn't matter anyway; there's no need to split charges differently, etc.)

First get settled as the reservations, and then get the extra "guest" keycards.  This isn't uncommon, even if "sleeping" is the same as the reservations.  Guest keycards can be just so the "others" can come and go as they please.

(And by the way, when we have family members with "guest keycards", we usually tell them jus to knock and unlock the door and come right in... but if we are sleeping [one perk of Geezerdom is lots of naps!] and we don't want to be interrupted, then we'll just bolt the door, although that's rarely an issue.)

Enjoy your cruise!

GC

40 minutes ago, BLHensley01 said:

Awesome, thanks!  What about the credit cards for the sail and sign accounts?  Did they let your brother in law use his card on one after the switch?

It's easiest if you just put the credit card info for each account beforehand.  Then you can just get extra room keys, that only function as a room key.  Everything else will be tied to the Sign and Sale card, which doesn't change.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 5:48 PM, BLHensley01 said:

Awesome, thanks!  What about the credit cards for the sail and sign accounts?  Did they let your brother in law use his card on one after the switch?

When you do your check in before hand you can assign whatever payment method you want for each person.  So when we check in - i will have my credit card, my brother in law will have his own, and in the other cabin, my husband will have the same credit card I do and my sister in law will have whatever card they choose for her to use because those are all set up at check in. 

And to make it more fun, I unusually take cash with us and go down to guest services the 2nd to last day and basically pay off all our charges so we have pretty much a $0 balance and nothing goes on our credit cards, they are just there as a final back up