Seascape Dining Packages

mcoler181

We are Fantastica and still can't pre-book specialty dining and we are less than 60 days out. Also, there are no excursions available for Grand Cayman. I find it hard to believe every singe excursion is sold out. Not a big deal since we never book the excursions on the ship, just odd.

On 11/22/2023 at 6:12 AM, mcoler181 said:

Hi,

As we have only booked Bella it looks as if we are not going to be offered any dining packages prior to boarding.

Would anyone have any recent package prices onboard Seascape?

Thanks. 

Hi there, where are you looking for the dining packages? It's a bit odd, to me, how you have to find them compared to other cruise lines planner sites and apps. 

39 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Hi there, where are you looking for the dining packages? It's a bit odd, to me, how you have to find them compared to other cruise lines planner sites and apps. 

Just on the online portal, nothing for dining showing. we have one booked next year in YC and dining offers are showing for that cruise.

1 hour ago, mcoler181 said:

Just on the online portal, nothing for dining showing. we have one booked next year in YC and dining offers are showing for that cruise.

Ok. I found that odd too, but then I remembered being told or reading here that dining packages don't show up in the cruise planner or on the app. That we have to book them via the actual website. So, I went to the website and did a bit of clicking to find it. When I clicked on add yo my cruise, the cruise planner opened but the dining packages still did not show up. 

Does anyone here know how to actually book dining packages in advance for Seascape using either the app, cruise planner site, or just the regular website?

Although I will say that when I looked at the dining packages and saw how the restaurant menus are limited or fixed for dining packages, I became a little less interested in specialty dining. Will someone with experience on the dining packages for Seascape please speak about that also. For example, the menu options in the steakhouse are less if using the dining package.

Thanks

20 hours ago, blueslily said:

Will someone with experience on the dining packages for Seascape please speak about that also. For example, the menu options in the steakhouse are less if using the dining package.

This is fleet-wide and applies in all speciality restaurants where the packages are valid.

The package gets you the 'Experience Menu' which is essentially a table d'hote menu (Fixed price ) and you pick from the list of options for each course.

You can swap out items on that menu for items on the wider 'a la carte' menu at a 50% discount (with some limitations).

I don't see this as a problem as the full menu tends to be much wider than the menus offered on other cruise lines where the speciality dining tends to be more limited and without the option to pick from a wider menu at additional cost.

Edited by Mark_T

11 hours ago, Mark_T said:

This is fleet-wide and applies in all speciality restaurants where the packages are valid.

The package gets you the 'Experience Menu' which is essentially a table d'hote menu (Fixed price ) and you pick from the list of options for each course.

You can swap out items on that menu for items on the wider 'a la carte' menu at a 50% discount (with some limitations).

I don't see this as a problem as the full menu tends to be much wider than the menus offered on other cruise lines where the speciality dining tends to be more limited and without the option to pick from a wider menu at additional cost.

Thank you. 

Do you know how we can reserve it online? I can't get it to work in the app, cruise planner, or the website. Thanks!

11 hours ago, blueslily said:

Do you know how we can reserve it online? I can't get it to work in the app, cruise planner, or the website. Thanks!

If you look on the website under 'Plan my cruise' there should be a section for 'Speciality restaurants & shows'.

If there are packages available for you to book you will see something like this:

Screenshot2023-11-25at12-16-04https__www.msccruises_co_uk.thumb.png.0a779d6cae9bb01cba2c51f422e74b54.png

You cannot make the individual restaurant bookings before you board though. 

So make it a priority to get that done as soon as you can if particular nights are important to you...

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

If you look on the website under 'Plan my cruise' there should be a section for 'Speciality restaurants & shows'.

If there are packages available for you to book you will see something like this:

Screenshot2023-11-25at12-16-04https__www.msccruises_co_uk.thumb.png.0a779d6cae9bb01cba2c51f422e74b54.png

So make it a priority to get that done as soon as you can if particular nights are important to you...

Ok. I will try again right now to see if this comes up. I had not been able to get anything gor Seascape dining to come up when logged in to plan my cruise. 

9 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Where do you acces Plan My Cruise on the website?

Are you logging in to Manage Booking? If yes, when I then click on Plan My Cruise, my options to choose from are Excursions, Beverages, Spa/Beauy, and Internet/Photos. I don't see an option that says Specialty Restaurants and Shows.

Thx

Edited by blueslily

3 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Where do you acces Plan My Cruise on the website?

Are you logging in to Manage Booking?

You need to get to the same place as you'd use to book an excursion or make a Spa reservation, you would have a list of options near the top of the screen that looks like this:

Screenshot2023-11-25at12-31-02https__www.msccruises_co_uk.thumb.png.8a11d58b5a565e658bcb024f96d558ee.png

Do this on a PC not a mobile device.

2 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

You need to get to the same place as you'd use to book an excursion or make a Spa reservation, you would have a list of options near the top of the screen that looks like this:

Screenshot2023-11-25at12-31-02https__www.msccruises_co_uk.thumb.png.8a11d58b5a565e658bcb024f96d558ee.png

Do this on a PC not a mobile device.

Thanks. Yes, I went to that page online.  Sadly, all the other options in your picture are available like Excursions and Spa, but not Speciality Restaurants. That option is not in the list.

2 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Thanks. Yes, I went to that page online.  Sadly, all the other options in your picture are available like Excursions and Spa, but not Speciality Restaurants. That option is not in the list.

Are you booked with the 'Bella' experience?

No idea then ...

You should be able to see any dining packages that are available so either they have all sold out already or they have not been made available yet, but for the record, that screenshot I posted earlier is from a cruise that is 189 days away...

Edited by Mark_T

8 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

No idea then ...

You should be able to see any dining packages that are available so either they have all sold out already or they have not been made available yet, but for the record, that screenshot I posted earlier is from a cruise that is 189 days away...

Thank you

On 11/22/2023 at 7:51 AM, mvh said:

We are Fantastica and still can't pre-book specialty dining and we are less than 60 days out. Also, there are no excursions available for Grand Cayman. I find it hard to believe every singe excursion is sold out. Not a big deal since we never book the excursions on the ship, just odd.

May I ask the difference between Fantistica and Bella?