Counter Bid for Upgrade. What happens next?

Sailfish

We bid on an upgrade about a month ago.  Yesterday we received an email with a counter offer, which we accepted. What happens next? Are you back in the queue for the upgrade? Does this increase your odds?  As it was only $10pp more, we said yes to the new offer. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with counter offers. This is on an upcoming transatlantic. 

Many thanks. 

Suzi

That's the first I've heard of a "counter-offer". I was under the impression that you just made your bid and waited. You can always "up" your bid after the initial attempt. This is what we did for the transatlantic that we are currently on, but we never got any counter-offer or invitation to bid more. (We did not win the bid.)

Did your counter-offer have specific information regarding your *first* bid? It may very well have just been a boilerplate email trying to drum up more bidding.

We received a counteroffer this past summer.  We had booked a balcony and bid on everything we could bid on.  About 1 month before the cruise we received the counteroffer for a full suite and we made the offer.  Within the week it was accepted. 🙂

• Like 2