Sandwiches at Cafe al Bacio

Susanb10567

On 11/24/2023 at 9:12 AM, PTC DAWG said:

It really doesn’t matter what celebrity’s does, always someone complaining..too small..not cold enough..good grief. 

I for one, like this as a snack option. 

I agree PTC Dawg!  I like this snack option!!  And I am unaware of any any activity, be it cruising or shopping at the local grocery store, where there is zero or extremely limited risk when dealing with food.  🙄

17 hours ago, the penguins said:

Please can we separate real life on board from the "fiction".

Norovirus is a notifiable disease which, above a certain level, must be reported and action taken.

When were you or any one else last on a cruise when the Captain made such an announcement?

All the meals in the crew restaurant are "buffet" and yet when there is a Norovirus outbreak the crew are rarely affected because they follow the hygiene regulations - simple things like washing hands.

All the food in the buffet, Al Bacio etc is removed in accordance with the regulations - to paraphrase a Hotel Director " all the food you see on display to us is waste. Anything not consumed in its alloted time is consigned to the trash."

If the ship didn't stick to the regulations it wouldn't have to continually train staff and adapt as it moved from one jurisdiction to another. A simple example the Elite Breakfast is buffet style out of the UK and plated out of the US. Another only Australian sourced meat can be served when cruising in Australian waters. 

Relax, stick to the rules especially hand washing and enjoy.

Concur!  Relax & enjoy cruising!!  (There is no perfect safety!)