Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

Finally got in at 620. First in the group of side by side tables but got the same wait team as last night and they were pretty quick. And the dining room is empty still because they have not sat anyone in a while. Of course, who knows how many just got the page to come down so kitchen may get slammed.

First time with this menu.

Screenshot_20231205-175604_CarnivalHUB.thumb.jpg.f24cf1cf3ffd1392edd26a226493eca6.jpg

Screenshot_20231205-175611_CarnivalHUB.thumb.jpg.1d2d0f761a2fdaaff9e0a28e96cc8241.jpg

Screenshot_20231205-175617_CarnivalHUB.thumb.jpg.a019e2c45a25cc3c136cad7e1411b260.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Taking a slightly different path back to the ship to get me closer to the boats in the harbor.

20231205_121948-XL.jpg

20231205_122015-XL.jpg

20231205_122020-XL.jpg

The ferry from St John dropped us off in downtown and we did the harbor walk back to the ship. We loved walking along the water and through the marina on the way back to the ship. Again, one of our favorite islands. Looks like a beautiful day.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, JandPB said:

The ferry from St John dropped us off in downtown and we did the harbor walk back to the ship. We loved walking along the water and through the marina on the way back to the ship. Again, one of our favorite islands. Looks like a beautiful day.

It was a very scenic walk and it was indeed a very beautiful day. It's too bad so many Eastern cruises stop at Grand Turk and Amber Cove far more often than St. Thomas but I understand they make way more money from those ports since they had such a large hand in developing them.

• Like 5

Fried shrimp are a roll over from the last menus. Usually a very nice dish. These were over fried, or sat waiting too long. Maybe because they were prepared and then sat waiting for the hostess to call anyone down. Either way they weren't great tonight.

The jambalaya was very tasty. The flavor reminded me of the jambalaya I ate as a kid and it hit me in the nostalgia bone. I don't think I've experienced that exact flavor profile in a jambalaya since then. I would definitely get this again. It is a little spicy, as it should be, so I would not recommend it to someone who does not like a little heat.

Beef wellington I was asking myself why I got this. It's not usually very good. Comes out very soggy. This was not soggy in the least and the flavors were wonderful. This was seriously the best beef wellington I've ever had. So tender, so flavorful. The sides were also well prepared and I enjoyed every bite. One thing I do need to take note of going forward, medium rare really means medium rare and I need to start ordering medium well when I don't have the option of medium. 

The veal schnitzel is the same dish (except maybe it wasn't a veal? I'm thinking it was a pork but I can't remember) that is on one of the extra menus they pull out on the journeys cruises but it is one of my favorites that you don't see too often so I enjoyed it. It was a massive portion but it was quite tasty. 

Finishing out the delightful meal was the hazelnut mousse which was a nice light option that I appreciated after the massive amount of food I had just consumed. This also feels like it may be the same dish that I enjoyed on the journey cruise called hazelnut peanut cake, but I cannot be certain. If so I am quite delighted because I remember saying I wish they would put this on the regular rotation of menus. 

Other than the shrimp, this was another great meal and there were a number of other items that I wanted to try that I had to pass on to avoid a food induced coma.

Service was quick once I got in and I am happy with the team inside the dining room. The process of getting in needs some improvement. This is a Magic problem, not a problem with Carnival's process as it usually works quite well. 

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, five. said:

I had every intention of getting beef wellington and forgot. It must have been on a night we had a specialty restaurant, I never saw it.

It was not offered on our six day. Only on 7 or 8 day cruises, I'm not sure which but I know on the last set of menus it was only an option on eight night cruises but the preparation was not as good as this one was.

I really want to make it to silent disco tonight but that Sun today kicked my butt. I haven't been this tired all cruise.

Gonna hang on as long as I can. 

Bring on the Christmas music!!

17018300569495024315964836591067.thumb.jpg.87c1f1157da079f30303b8f61443a66d.jpg

Rocking around the Christmas 🎄 🎶 

• Like 4

The description on that grilled cheese was caramelized onion....that was most definitely apple slaw. I ain't mad at it, tasted good but it was not something I have ever had on a grilled cheese. I can't be certain I would like it with less alcohol in me.

Going to bed now. Next up is St.Maarten which is one of my favorite islands but I can't be certain if I will head ashore. I got a little too much sun already today, and tomorrow is Quest which I definitely want to make sure I'm awake for. Such a fun event! I also want to win a ship on a stick and I see a trivia tomorrow that I am pretty good at it.

Will play the day by ear. 

Another great day in the books, thanks for following along. Good night everyone.

• Like 13