Live B2B2B2B From the Carnival Magic 11/26-12/22

jam19872016

Good morning. 

I stayed out late enough I was mostly able to roll over and sleep through the crew drill alarms going off.

I also seem to have somehow injured myself. My right arm is very sore and tender this morning. I don't know what that's about?

Today we are back in Amber Cove and like last week, I don't think I will be getting off the ship. These cruise line developed port stops don't really interest me.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Eeeek that looks horrible. Perhaps it is the plating…

I am amazed I was able to plate it at all. I was happy nobody had video of me struggling with the tongs.

Thankfully, everyone at the buffet at 1230 in the morning is having the same motor function challenges 🤣 

I did have enough sense of mind left to know to avoid the turkey sandwich since i knew it was most likely leftover from the deli amd their suspect cold case 😱

6 hours ago, exlondoner said:

And while you are there, check on cruet compliance.

I might try to sneak a peak. I will also follow up on the salt and pepper situation. With an inspection yesterday, they should be on top of it, or maybe they just took all of them out of service like they did at the deli.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, five. said:

It's a candy straw, so yea it's edible and thicker than normal. For my spiked milk shakes at least one of the times, the shake was too thick for that straw to be usable. But I brought my own milk shake straw, so I was ready.

42 minutes ago, JandPB said:

We pack our own stainless and/or silicone straws. So much easier than using the slimy candy straws. 

They seem more durable than they used to be and much less slimy. I usually pack my own plastic straws but I forgot them this trip.

I guess I am going to have to be the kind of person who keeps a packing list because I'm getting more and more forgetful these days.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I might try to sneak a peak. I will also follow up on the salt and pepper situation. With an inspection yesterday, they should be on top of it, or maybe they just took all of them out of service like they did at the deli.

I’ve never given it much thought before, but I imagine people sneezing over the salt and pepper or handling them with unwashed hands is as much of a health hazard as most things. Luckily I never have either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

I’ve never given it much thought before, but I imagine people sneezing over the salt and pepper or handling them with unwashed hands is as much of a health hazard as most things. Luckily I never have either.

I've never been one to worry about "germy" things but I have always thought those things sitting out with everyone touching them was pretty gross but meanwhile buffet tongs get all the paranoia from the crowd that worries about such things.

• Like 1

That salad is the one I should have been doing the whole time! Grilled shrimp and corn, yes please. 

I've had the lasagna before. I like it and know what to expect. Be aware, it is made with shredded beef like every authentic lasagna nowhere. If your ok with that, it is quite tasty.

Desserts were better today too.

Now I'm enjoying a coffee. There is a light sprinkle but my swing bench is covered.

image.thumb.png.1463047516486f4149fcc9320a6f17ce.png

20231208_135201.thumb.jpg.556aa9e58e32bbbc4ab5c27f6774abb4.jpg

17020618982285866001554241699200.thumb.jpg.5342bbf6d7939c84941d61b27ecfbae5.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jeafl said:

The beef Wellington was the best thing I ate the whole 8 days when I was on there!

It was so good. The best beef wellington I've ever had. 

1 hour ago, Jeafl said:

Interesting.  They did not have this or Quest a few weeks ago on our cruise.

That's too bad, it was hilarious and a rowdy good time.

• Like 2

I've always eyed that tasty looking cheesecake at the coffee bar with the whole fresh strawberries on top. I finally tried a slice on my last cruise and looks like I did so just in time.

The strawberries have been replaced with....strawberry jello?

20231208_134740.thumb.jpg.572d80c9391c753388cb90bd9253be51.jpg

This was the best angle I could get without my reflection photo bombing the shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

20231208_145356.thumb.jpg.82e412fe968be9a6ef5315675d6ffa6a.jpg

20231208_145411.thumb.jpg.1252764efbc25696cd27a7801676d184.jpg

Stuart also left his paperwork in the room. It does not include if gratuities were pre-paid or not or anything of much interest. I did count how many rooms he has, 32. 

I think those look really sinister. If I went to sleep with those in the cabin, I’d be worried I’d never wake up. 

32 is a hell of a lot of rooms. Mind you, if he didn’t have to do those daft animals, he could do 38.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

I think those look really sinister. If I went to sleep with those in the cabin, I’d be worried I’d never wake up. 

32 is a hell of a lot of rooms. Mind you, if he didn’t have to do those daft animals, he could do 38.

That sounds like a great idea for a horror movie.

It is a lot of rooms, but they don't offer turn down service on Carnival. It's once a day room servicing. People also like to claim they have 40-50 rooms and taking that into consideration, 32 is actually not as many as people would have you believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1