Royal Caribbean Wedding Photography Review

I have already posted a review of my wonderful and memorable Juneau wedding. I wanted to include a separate review of the photography service that we experienced on the Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas cruise (May 22nd - May 29th).

Our photographer appeared inexperience from the start. He insisted on interrupting the ceremony in order to get the perfect shot of our hands. He took photographs that we would have liked to have purchased if he had not set up the shot with strangers in the background. Then when the photographs were presented to us the next day, we found some to be poor in quality and many to be too similar. There was not much of a selection, and we were disappointed that there were not enough natural photographs of our ceremony.

The photographer tried to pressure us into buying one of the packages even though our wedding package already came with fifteen photographs. If we had purchased the cheapest package, we would have had fifty photographs. We did not need that many photographs of ourselves, and finding fifty photographs seemed impossible with such a limited selection. Yet, our photographer could not understand this and continued to put too much pressure on us. We
felt like we were on used car lot instead of trying to enjoy an Alaskan cruise. We ended up purchasing seven extra photographs at quite a high price. We regretted that they would not sell us negatives or a CD without purchasing a package.

Many of our photographs had mistakes and had to be reprinted. We were assured us that they would be ready by two pm on Friday. This was not the case, and we were continued to ask to return later. The photographer was not the least bit apologetic about the delay, and instead was quite rude. We constantly watched him roll his eyes. We were also treated rudely by other staff members at the photo gallery. We were not offensive to anyone that worked there and instead did our best to be extremely polite. Before dinner, we were finally able to see our photographs, and we found that he had not finished fixing all the pictures. We saw our 8 x 10 photograph for the first time, and that photograph too had to be reprinted. He had even mixed the photographs that we wanted with the ones that we did not want. It had not been an easy decision for us to decide which photographs to keep so resorting them again was not something that we had wanted to do. The photographer informed us that they would now be ready by eleven o’clock that evening. This of course meant that we spent our entire last day worrying about our photographs instead of enjoying the day. It did not seem acceptable.

We picked our photos and frame at the end of the night. Once in the room we discovered the frame had scratches on it. It was now too late to talk to anyone about this. We were devastated to learn later that we were missing one of the photographs. The photographer had neglected to include the photograph of my husband and me toasting each other in front of our cake. I paid for this photograph, yet I do not have it in my possession.

Besides the photography, I had little problems with my wedding. I hope that in the future such unacceptable service will be avoided at all costs. I have written to Royal Romance and Image Photography.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived