Max time allowed for Disembarkation

Teibban

Hi everyone,

It is our first Mediterranean cruise and we have a question for disembarkation.

We are doing a close loop starting and ending in Barcelona end of June. We have a flight to Brussels at 6PM. Until what time can we stay on the ship? It is leaving port at 5PM. We would like to stay at least until 1PM if possible to not spend all morning and afternoon at the airport or in the city carrying our luggages.

Thanks.

Jonathan

I highly doubt you would be able to stay that long. You will need to be out of your cabins between 7 or 8 am. They have to get everything ready for the next set of people. Remember as excited as you were to board on your embarkation day so are 4000 other people. Look at MAC excursions for your departure day-frequently after the excursions they take you to the airport. Check it out to be sure!

• Thanks 1

The MSC cruises in the Mediterranean are different than other cruises where all the passengers embark and debark at one port.

Passengers will initially embark and later debark at that same port at the various port stops on the itinerary.

This means that you may be able to stay on the ship (with your luggage either with you or the ship may provide a storage place for those embarking whose rooms are not yet clean and for those choosing to stay on the ship ) until the final call for debarking passengers to go ashore.

Check on board ship for the procedures on your itinerary. 

We disembarked MSC World Europa a few days ago in Barcelona. As this cruise operated as a "hop on hop off", where guests embarked and debarked in almost every port, we were actually allowed to stay onboard until 3 pm. Cabins should be empty by 8 am, but they offered storage of carryons until something like 11.30.

5 hours ago, Maria63 said:

We disembarked MSC World Europa a few days ago in Barcelona. As this cruise operated as a "hop on hop off", where guests embarked and debarked in almost every port, we were actually allowed to stay onboard until 3 pm. Cabins should be empty by 8 am, but they offered storage of carryons until something like 11.30.

Thanks a lot for the information. Did you have large luggages also? And did you leave them outside your cabin? We would be coming from Canada and would probably require 2 large luggages along with 1-2 carry-ons as this will be a near 3 weeks vacation for us. Just wondering if we could store with the carry-ons. They store them at the service desk?

Thanks again for input.

45 minutes ago, Teibban said:

Thanks a lot for the information. Did you have large luggages also? And did you leave them outside your cabin? We would be coming from Canada and would probably require 2 large luggages along with 1-2 carry-ons as this will be a near 3 weeks vacation for us. Just wondering if we could store with the carry-ons. They store them at the service desk?

Thanks again for input.

We had suitcases also that we handed in the night before. As we had been given stickers for the earliest debark time, I went down to reception to ask to have them changed to later. This is when I was told that there was no need to change the stickers, but that we could stay onboard until the last group indicated in the debark-info was to get off. This last group consisted of guests who had purchased an MSC transport to various parts of Spain, and the time given for them was 3 pm. I don´t know if this was a one-off or something they do on every cruise. However, as they don´t have to clear the ship before the new guests are allowed onboard (like for instance on the US-based cruises), there was no great issue with getting people to leave the ship as soon as possible.

If I remember correctly, the carry-on storage was in one of the lounges, but we didn´t use it as we kept our things with us (nothing wrong with the storage, but we didn´t feel we needed it). I cannot say if they would agree to store large suitcases too. We debarked around noon and our suitcases were still fine though they had been sitting in the luggage hall for several hours.

34 minutes ago, Maria63 said:

We had suitcases also that we handed in the night before. As we had been given stickers for the earliest debark time, I went down to reception to ask to have them changed to later. This is when I was told that there was no need to change the stickers, but that we could stay onboard until the last group indicated in the debark-info was to get off. This last group consisted of guests who had purchased an MSC transport to various parts of Spain, and the time given for them was 3 pm. I don´t know if this was a one-off or something they do on every cruise. However, as they don´t have to clear the ship before the new guests are allowed onboard (like for instance on the US-based cruises), there was no great issue with getting people to leave the ship as soon as possible.

If I remember correctly, the carry-on storage was in one of the lounges, but we didn´t use it as we kept our things with us (nothing wrong with the storage, but we didn´t feel we needed it). I cannot say if they would agree to store large suitcases too. We debarked around noon and our suitcases were still fine though they had been sitting in the luggage hall for several hours.

Perfect thanks for the detailed info. Greatly appreciated.