What changes to NCL since 2017?Questions on NCL Pearl Europe 11/1/2024

mikeanddiane4849

We just booked an 10 night Europe cruise for 11/1/24-11/11/24, on Pearl and have a couple questions on recent changes. We have cruised previously on HAL. Princess, Celebrity, Premier and me on the USS Independence ( I am showing my age here). We are in our mid 70’s, married 56 yr

Years and celebrating my 75 birthday on this cruise. We are from PNW. 

1 Is room service free or is there a charge? If so how much ?

2 Anytime dinning is exactly that, correct? Dine anytime that you show up at MDR? Any problems getting table for just the two of us? 

3 We have the promotion that buy one air through NCL and second person is free. It looks like you can’t book time for land trips before/after if more than two days. Is this correct? We wanted to do 2 pre cruise days in Trieste and four days after IN ROME  and it looks like this is not allowed !?! 

4 What kind of shows/entertainment does NCL offer now? Do you have to prebook?

5 We have one free prepaid non MDR dinner. Do we reserve before or after we are on the ship? Can anyone add their suggestion on which restaurant? We like seafood/steaks/lamb.

6 Will the ship have tons of kids on the ship this time of year? We do love kids and have 4 grown kids and six grandchildren, but we’re hoping for a quiet, peaceful cruise. Last cruise to Europe in 2017 there were a number of kids, they were kept busy though and didn’t bother us. 

7 Is Pearl about same size as NCL Spirit? We like the smaller ships. 

8 what is muster drill like now on NCL?

Thank you in advance for the help. I appreciate all I can get! Thanks,  Diane

4 minutes ago, mikeanddiane4849 said:

We just booked an 10 night Europe cruise for 11/1/24-11/11/24, on Pearl and have a couple questions on recent changes. We have cruised previously on HAL. Princess, Celebrity, Premier and me on the USS Independence ( I am showing my age here). We are in our mid 70’s, married 56 yr

Years and celebrating my 75 birthday on this cruise. We are from PNW. 

1 Is room service free or is there a charge? If so how much?

Room service is Not free.  Breakfast is (I believe)$4.95 per order.  Lunch and Dinner are $9.95 per order.

2 Anytime dining is exactly that, correct? Dine anytime that you show up at MDR? Any problems getting table for just the two of us?  Yes, you may show-up to Main Dining Rooms at your leisure. There might be a wait.

3 We have the promotion that buy one air through NCL and second person is free. It looks like you can’t book time for land trips before/after if more than two days. Is this correct? We wanted to do 2 pre cruise days in Trieste and four days after IN ROME  and it looks like this is not allowed !?!  (No experience with this!)

4 What kind of shows/entertainment does NCL offer now? Do you have to prebook? 

NCL is currently changing their entertainment line-ups, so it's difficult to say what you might see. You should not have to pre-book entertainment on the Pearl (larger/newer ships = yes)

5 We have one free prepaid non MDR dinner. Do we reserve before or after we are on the ship? Can anyone add their suggestion on which restaurant? We like seafood/steaks/lamb.

You may book when you choose to do so.  However, if you wait until you get on the ship, be sure booking the Specialty restaurants is one of the first things you do, in order to secure your table.

6 Will the ship have tons of kids on the ship this time of year? We do love kids and have 4 grown kids and six grandchildren, but we’re hoping for a quiet, peaceful cruise. Last cruise to Europe in 2017 there were a number of kids, they were kept busy though and didn’t bother us. 
With so many different school schedules and the home schooled, it is difficult to predict!

7 Is Pearl about same size as NCL Spirit? We like the smaller ships. A bit larger!

8 what is muster drill like now on NCL?  Easy!!!  You are forced to watch a video online pre-cruise (during online check-in at 21 days prior to cruise).  Also, you must check-in on the first day at your muster station!

Our experience, your milage may vary.

1) $4.95 for breakfast, $9.95 all other times. Order as much as you want.

2) Anytime is anytime. Just hope there aren't 200 people in front of you.

3) You can't choose your flights, but you can get a 1–2-day deviation to get you there early or leave late. They will not provide transportation to the ship if you have a deviation. I don't know about your 4-day.

4) Plenty. Only the main shows can be pre-booked at 21-days.

5) If you only have one, choose Le Bistro. Book it at 120-days.

6) There will not be a lot if kids on an early November cruise in Europe.

7) Pearl is larger than Spirit, but still considered small. You will love it.

8 Muster is get your card scanned at your station and watch a video.