Jeep rental on Sat. Mar 23?

jbbarker

We are arriving on Royal Caribbean on Saturday March 25. After a morning snorkel/beach excursion, can I rent a jeep for the afternoon? Can I do this from the tender pier? Any suggestions on do’s and don’ts would be appreciated.

You probably would be able torent for part of the day but may find your choice of available vehicles a little more limited. We have rented from Avis, Less Pay and Rentadora Aguila without a problem. Make sure you inspect the vehicle before leaving the rental office!

Couple questions.

I was thinking of renting a jeep when we visit Coz in April on the Carnival Triumph. Even if the jeeps aren't 4x4 would they be better for back roads? Could you drive them on the beaches? Is it too hot to drive around with the top down?

Or would it still be better to simply rent a car to tour the island.

Half the fun of renting a jeep is riding with the top down... :rolleyes: except for when you drive into that occassional cloud burst that frequently pop up!

Definitly not too hot to go topless!

Your rental agreement prohibits you from going "off road" with the jeeps, no beach driving...The half top VW's are fun too and a bit cheaper.

Couple questions.

I was thinking of renting a jeep when we visit Coz in April on the Carnival Triumph. Even if the jeeps aren't 4x4 would they be better for back roads? Could you drive them on the beaches? Is it too hot to drive around with the top down?

I don't think a jeep is any better for back roads as long as they are paved. I don't think you can, or would want to, drive on any of the beaches. You would definitely get stuck. It won't be too hot to have the top down, as long as you are moving.

Or would it still be better to simply rent a car to tour the island.
IMO, as car is better if you are more interested in comfort rather than the "wind in your hair" ride of a jeep.

Archived