Soda Package Questions

Yellowlily

New to NCL, we have an upcoming cruise on the NCL Sun and everyone in our party has the soda package.  Happy to see they have Diet Coke!  Can anyone tell me what to expect/where to find a can of Diet Coke/Coke/Sprite versus fountain drinks on the ship?  Just curious what to expect.  Also, should we bring refillable water bottles for water, etc? - I've never done that before but keep seeing that it's a good idea.  Done a lot of cruising in the past but this the first one since COVID and our very first NCL, super excited!  Thanks in advance.  Also, we did pre-purchase several cases of the cartons of water for our cabin.  Saw that it was a lot more economical to pre-purchase the water.  Thanks again!

49 minutes ago, Yellowlily said:

New to NCL, we have an upcoming cruise on the NCL Sun and everyone in our party has the soda package.  Happy to see they have Diet Coke!  Can anyone tell me what to expect/where to find a can of Diet Coke/Coke/Sprite versus fountain drinks on the ship?  Just curious what to expect.  Also, should we bring refillable water bottles for water, etc? - I've never done that before but keep seeing that it's a good idea.  Done a lot of cruising in the past but this the first one since COVID and our very first NCL, super excited!  Thanks in advance.  Also, we did pre-purchase several cases of the cartons of water for our cabin.  Saw that it was a lot more economical to pre-purchase the water.  Thanks again!

My experience , on the Jewel class ships, is you'll get fountain soda at the bars. At the buffet, they're usually set up with cans, cups, and ice. They'll fill the cup with ice, then pour maybe a third of the can in.( You need at least some ice, as the cans are usually not cooled). You can also order two drinks at once, no questions asked. Sometimes you can sweet talk the beverage person into giving you a can, but I wouldn't count on it.

Refillable bottles are a great idea. Fill a clean cup with water, then pour that into your bottle until full. Please don't fill your bottle by placing it right on the spigot. Very unsanitary, and could elicit very unsavory comments from those hovering nearby. Happy Cruising, and welcome to NCL!!

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 7:52 PM, cruiserbear55 said:

My experience , on the Jewel class ships, is you'll get fountain soda at the bars.

You are correct regarding the Jewel class ships, or at least the two we've been on.  However, the OP is asking about the Norwegian Sun, which is a Sun class ship.

• Like 1