Eclipse Thanksgiving sailing- Just came back review-----

Jetswdo

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Jetswdo was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Hi all--- I just returned--- This was a local port sailing for us.  I normally don't go on holiday cruises.  I don't think I would do this again.  My husband and I are 68 and 70 years old and have been on many cruises- This was our 4th on Celebrity.  I was too lazy to cook this year for Thanksgiving, and it was my husband's 70th birthday during cruise, so we decided if we didn't have to fly we would just do it.  The ship was perfectly comfortable-- yes it can use new carpeting and paint in places, and perhaps update some of the furniture, but I wouldn't have really noticed it if I wasn't looking!  Comments on this board prompted me to do so.  The workers really went out of their way to please---very friendly and nice.  We have always booked aqua class on Celebrity as we like the quiet 11th deck and David (hubby) makes full use of Persian Gardens and gym. We just saw two shows-- a Broadway review and magician.  Both pleasant.  We didn't do the other production shows because we just don't care for them.  I guess we have become old farts!   The food overall was good to very good.  And yes, it was clear that Celebrity has tighten their belts with the food offerrigs. We  ate one time each in all the specialty restaurants--- I found my go to Murano lobster as tasty as usual but a fraction of the portion that used to be served.  At Tuscan Grille, the rib eye, while tasty was full of fat, making after cutting away the fat, a really small portion.  The service was good at Blu most of the time.   Regarding Thanksgivig day:  We decided to have a small plate of Thanksgiving fare for lunch.  It was so disorganized.  One person carving turkey- no stuffing out- the gravy before reaching the Turkey line, blocking other foods that people were trying to get.  Also the food was cold.  So that was disappointing.    In the am, I told the maitre de (sp?) that we just want a regular Thanksgiving turkey plate that was being served in the dining room that night.

He said sure, no problem---  Well we told that to our waiter, and 55 minutes later we still weren't served.  So I very nicely complained to the maitre de--- 10 minutes later he brought us our plates ) very little, I mean little food on it.  He said, I had the staff make this up personally for you.  Fist of all this was a blatent lie, And he assured me that it was never any problem getting food from main dining room.   Any way, Thanksgiving  was definately a disappointment .  But all I really wanted from this cruise was a good rest, no cooking, etc.  that I did get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2