Leaving a cruise early

Twinbooty

Hi all, im looking at Spectrum sailing from Singapore to Shanghai but our end destinations is going to be Hong Kong.  Are you able to leave a cruise early before reaching Shanghai on Day 5 or 6 or do you need to sail the entire cruise ?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a great way to illegally enter a country and spend some time in jail when you try to leave the country because they have no record of your entry. The port you are trying to leave would need to have customs/immigration there to process your entry. It’s not the same process as when you walk off a ship just to get back on later. You would need to contact RC and see if they have have something special arranged just for you at the port you want to leave at. Don’t hold your breath.

• Like 1

They use to allow this, you had to contact RCI ahead of time so they could notify the ship. Depends on which port you want to get off depart ship and the rules (ie you can't get on in Seattle and get off in Alaska port).  I actually used to do this when I worked for Royal when I was in college in Miami. I thought I read somewhere that Royal was no longer going to be approving these.  

Edit: Just did a quick google search "Royal Carribean Downlining" and Royal's FAQ came up saying they don't approve these anymore for any of their ships.  

So the answer is no. 

Edited by djneph
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hazydavo said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/different-departure-port-city

looks like you can request, nothing about them not approving anymore?

where did it mention that?

Looks like the Australian website FAQ says you can, but the USA website says you can't.  So not sure.  You used to be able to, so might still be able to

• Like 2