The new Azamara air program

laurieb

• 7 months later...
On 12/2/2023 at 8:54 AM, laurieb said:

On our very first cruise with Azamara in 2012, we had air included; the worst flights we've ever had getting to the ship!  Portland to Seattle to Frankfurt to Nice and then a bus to Monte Carlo.  We had to run in Frankfurt to get the next flight as the distance between gates was so far.

The distance in Frankfurt hasn’t improved and after the pandemic they are severely short staffed.  It took us at least 2.5 hours to change terminals due to needing wheelchair assistance, which we still get all of it. 

2 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

The distance in Frankfurt hasn’t improved and after the pandemic they are severely short staffed.  It took us at least 2.5 hours to change terminals due to needing wheelchair assistance, which we still get all of it. 

Yes and of all the legs on our trip to South America Frankfurt was awful and the one place we worried we would miss the flight. They hand you over from person to person if you change terminal and sometimes abandon you in areas where no one else is saying my colleague will come soon. To be fair they did but it was coming to boarding time and we were stressing. I would not transit in Frankfurt now if I can help it 

9 hours ago, uktog said:

Yes and of all the legs on our trip to South America Frankfurt was awful and the one place we worried we would miss the flight. They hand you over from person to person if you change terminal and sometimes abandon you in areas where no one else is saying my colleague will come soon. To be fair they did but it was coming to boarding time and we were stressing. I would not transit in Frankfurt now if I can help it 

I agree I’ll select most other transfer city if I can.  Unfortunately, the list is getting longer.  I’m finding Lisbon stressful too as their planes are being parked away from the terminal  Even Dulles which began with planes parked away from the main terminal is now doing transfers in a terminal.  Admittedly I have not tried ternational to domestic transfers there but I remember when San Francisco had to have a 4 hour window and then you’d better be able to walk long distances.