Interesting upsell

wesport

5 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

This is right. I booked our recent cruise with a TA, but called myself 2 days before sailing for upsells and took one. I also want to clarify that TA’s DO make additional commission on upsells. My TA previously forwarded me an email from HAL with upsell offers that I thought were too high so I waited. This is a quote from the email: 

“Enhance your clients' cruise and increase your commission by taking advantage of a reduced rate to upgrade their accommodations. Here is your offer:…….”

Then it's even more puzzling why most of them don't make any effort to make their clients aware of them.  It is like pulling teeth to get some TA's to forward offers to you.  But I also know sometimes HAL has had upgrade offers they simply don't send out to everyone because I have had cruises booked directly with HAL that I have called in on and gotten offers that way without ever having received an email.  It's just one of those systems they have that isn't perfect or consistent (hard as that is to believe!).

• Like 1