Houston Doubletree

dino62

I've stayed there and I live in Houston. I actually work in the buildng across the street. Why are you staying there? Is this a cruise line packge?

It is in an area of downtown where there is primarly businesses. Very little open in the area in the evening. You can take a cab to the theatre area to eat and where there are clubs. But most everything is expensive. If you have kids with you, I would suggest eating at the Aquarium. It is on the edge of the theatre area. Although it is expensive too, they offer a chidren's menu and it has a lot of amusement areas. There is a large aquarium with lots of fish, sharks, stingrays, etc in the dining area.

The theatre area is a few blocks away from the hotel, and you can actually walk it, but I wouldn't walk through this area after dark. Parking is offered at the Aquarium, so you can drive your car if you have one.

I've stayed there and I live in Houston. I actually work in the buildng across the street. Why are you staying there? Is this a cruise line packge?

It is in an area of downtown where there is primarly businesses. Very little open in the area in the evening. You can take a cab to the theatre area to eat and where there are clubs. But most everything is expensive. If you have kids with you, I would suggest eating at the Aquarium. It is on the edge of the theatre area. Although it is expensive too, they offer a chidren's menu and it has a lot of amusement areas. There is a large aquarium with lots of fish, sharks, stingrays, etc in the dining area.

The theatre area is a few blocks away from the hotel, and you can actually walk it, but I wouldn't walk through this area after dark. Parking is offered at the Aquarium, so you can drive your car if you have one.

It is near the airport and yes, it is a part of a package booked by RCI through my TA.

Archived