Internet Access on Vision to Mexico

We are planning a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Vision. Does anyone know if there is a problem in accessing the internet on that cruise? We just returned from a Sapphire Princess Mexico cruise and the computers were not working. If anyone has had experience, good or bad, with the internet on the Vision to Mexico I would appreciate it. I'm not sure if it was a problem with the ship's computers or the region we were in. Thanks so much for the feedback.

Was on the Vision of the Seas for the 03/05 sailing. The internet does work on this ship but it is SO SLOW:mad:! I think it depends on the time you use it and the position of the ship:confused: . Sometimes it would not work at all and other times it was OK. You can purchase blocks of time... for example I purchased a block of time for 25.00 USD which was .42 cents a minute as opposed to .50 cents a minute regular. The more time you purchase the lower the per minute price. The only problem is that I was probably actually connected for 15 minutes out of the hour the rest was waiting time. You can also purchase wireless for you laptop but I do not know the price. Hope this helps.

Laura

You can purchase a package of minutes for as little as .33/minute, I think that was for 180 minutes. We used our laptop and were lucky that the hot spot extended to our cabin, so we could use it without hauling it around the ship. I found the Wifi to be a much faster connection than the usual terminal experience, although we didn't use the actual terminals.

I was also on the 3/5 sailing and found that some hot spots seemed to work better then others. I had a nearly impossible time even getting a signal in the Viking Crown Lounge let alone connecting. I found things to be easier to use and seemed a tad (but not much) quicker in the Showboat Lounge. Of course, YMMV but that's what we experienced. Also, if you tend to use FireFox plan on using internet explorer to connect since I couln't get it to work for me. Have fun!

Erik

Archived