Luggage and PAX Drop Off Civitavecchia Port

cruisinsince75

Am I able to drop my wife and luggage directly at the ships terminal before returning my rental car?  My wife and I are both disabled and use mobility scooters to get around.  It presents some unique challenges especially with luggage.  I know about the shuttle service from Largo della Pace, however my wife cannot manage the steps getting onto a bus.  I was hoping that I could drop her and the luggage off, return the car to Avis, then ride my scooter to the shuttle which is only a block away. 

Thanks in advance for your help.  

I could very well be wrong, but having never seen a private vehicle being driven within the port, I'm guessing it's not allowed.  My suggestion would be to hire a limo from Rome directly to the cruise terminal or a taxi if you were to stay in Civitavecchia the night before embarkation.  In either case you would turn in your rental the day before.

Thanks Lew!  Hope you are doing well.  That's what it appears. We are actually spending time in Umbria and Tuscany pre-cruise  We may have to spend the last night at a CIvitavecchia hotel and arrange for a local private driver or taxi to drop us at the port.

It has been a long time since our Red Hot Ruby cruise.  That was a fabulous cruise.  One of our top cruises ever.  Sailing out of Venice was magical.  

We're well, Don & Diana...thank you for asking...hope you are also.

The 18-Day Maiden Venetian Passage on the Royal was truly an excellent cruise! Can you believe it has been ten years? Magical is certainly the best description of our sail away out of Venice...with Andrea Bocelli singing Time To Say Goodbye...can't be beat!  We were fortunate to experience that  more than once, but sadly mo more..

Enjoy your time in Umbria and Tuscany and your cruise out of Civitavecchia...