East coast of US to Auckland,NZ

pmjnh

On 12/24/2023 at 10:30 PM, aungrl said:

I've done the SYD-DFW flight on Qantas, continuing on to DCA on American, more than once.  Everyone's experience will differ, but FWIW, I found it to be perfectly pleasant/acceptable in business class.  I think it really depends on your tolerance for that length of non-stop flying, which you can't really know until you do it.

We also had a great J (business) class experience on the Qantas SYD-DFW flight. The seat, food and service were at least comparable to or better than our F class experience in a number of ways on our AA LAX-SYD flight. On that flight, AA J to F wasn't an expensive upgrade, in fact, some like AA J better than AA F because the AA J seat provides more privacy. The main differences with Qantas J were that the AA F seat is wider, swivels so you can work on a small desk while facing the window, and AA F is a much smaller 8 seat cabin with its own lavatories. 

We've also flown AA between the US and AKL on 787s--economy was very cramped with narrow seats, PE was much better, and J was quite good.

Edited by taxatty