Celebrity 2023 Wine Price List (Bottle Only)

Lanie102

Thank you. I have heard about the 20% discount but could not find it anywhere. That helps. 

By "decent" I simply meant drinkable, non-offensive. 

Let me clarify about the "American clientele being more demanding": We found this an interesting POV. They were referring to over-all experience, not wine in particular. This was something said to us on a few on different occasions by random people, always British. We understood that by extension we could expect the wine selection to be better. Wishful thinking?

My definition of better? We did a premium wine tasting at $100 pp. The wines : Meursault 2018, Bunello de Montalcino 2018, Hickenbotham Cab Sauv MccLaren Vale 2018, Silver Oak 2018 and there was also Veuve Cliquot. The first two wines are among my favourites.  Long story short, only three of us showed and the Somm was reluctant to open all the bottles for just the three of us, so they cancelled the tasting. I hade been drooling (perhaps literally) over the Meursault and our disappointment was palpable, so he opened that and gave us a generous pour. It was heavenly. We wanted to buy the remainder of the bottle, but I think he said $80 and we balked. I look back with regret. But it seemed a bit steep for 1/2 a bottle of wine. I still regret that. That was the last day of a 12 day cruise and my palate was craving something that was not merely drinkable.

So this is why I am inquiring about wine by bottle. I think we will have to bite the bullet and buy the odd bottle  on our upcoming cruises. They also used to do a wine by the bottle packages - six bottles. 8 bottles - something like that. Anyone heard of this?

14 minutes ago, LizzGo said:

So this is why I am inquiring about wine by bottle. I think we will have to bite the bullet and buy the odd bottle  on our upcoming cruises. They also used to do a wine by the bottle packages - six bottles. 8 bottles - something like that. Anyone heard of this?

That's no longer offered unfortunately. 

The bottle lists are now in the app and by ship and venue. It's a major PITA to look for any given wine. For instance, on Equinox in Tuscany, I see two Brunello di Montalcino for $90 and $120 per bottle. There's an interesting Tuscan Chardonnay that might be similar to the Meursault. Silver Oak is probably still somewhere, but not the places I scanned. And Luminae has a Gaja Nebbiola single vineyard that they're selling for $799/bottle and is probably less than five years old. That would be infanticide to open and drink! (See previous comment about selling current vintages of wines meant to age...)

It's hit and miss on sommeliers being able to recommend a good bottle of wine. We had one back in I think 2022 when the supply chain issues were crazy. He had two bottles of an Italian Antinori Super Tuscan; we bought them both. But on Equinox last year they had two different Amarone on the wine list and neither were available. A good sommelier will find something interesting at your price point, so hopefully you find one!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Long time ago we went to blind wine tasting presented by a liquor store.  We paid a nominal fee for 5 to 6 wines from France, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile, California.  It was presented in a large hall.  I estimate capacity to be 100.  After a wine was served we judged it on a twenty point system (color, nose, swirl, taste,).  After all the scores were tabulated the results were announced.  It went like this first wine shrouded with a bag was removed and the varietal were revealed. Example Malbecs from Argentina.  Then the price and score.  We found not always was the highest priced wine scored the highest.  Biggest takeaway from this was if a reasonably priced wine scored the highest you better be at the liquor store when it opened before the bin was empty. We learned a lot about wines to say the least.

Edited by fenton04