DIY Baths Excursion Ferry Times?

mezabx

I'd like to try to DIY the Baths excursion, however when I look at Speedy's ferry schedule, the last two return ferries from Virgin Gorda are at 11:30 am and 3:30 pm. 

My NCL all aboard time is 4:30 pm so the 3:30 pm ferry is too close for my comfort, yet the 11:30 am is too early.  Seems like they should have something in the middle like 2:00 pm. 

Does anybody know if there are any return ferry options around 2:00 pm?

On 12/27/2023 at 9:43 PM, mezabx said:

I'd like to try to DIY the Baths excursion, however when I look at Speedy's ferry schedule, the last two return ferries from Virgin Gorda are at 11:30 am and 3:30 pm. 

My NCL all aboard time is 4:30 pm so the 3:30 pm ferry is too close for my comfort, yet the 11:30 am is too early.  Seems like they should have something in the middle like 2:00 pm. 

Does anybody know if there are any return ferry options around 2:00 pm?

Check with Sensations, they may have a 1:45 on Mon - Sat
https://www.sensationferries.com/ferry-schedules.php

1 hour ago, CruisingFun2023 said:

I think someone mentioned another water taxi company, but I do not recall the name. I booked the NCL excursion because I don’t like the 3:30 pm return time.

Thank you, I decided to book the NCL excursion for the same reason.   Unfortunately this cost our family of four $376, compared to DIY which would have cost $172.  Would have been nice to save the $200 but the ferry times just didn't work for me.

34 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Check with Sensations, they may have a 1:45 on Mon - Sat
https://www.sensationferries.com/ferry-schedules.php

Thanks blue_water, our NCL ship arrives in Tortola at 8:00 am.  I'm not sure if I can make the 8:30 am outbound Sensations ferry time.   I even thought about taking the outbound Speedy's at 9:00 am, and the return Sensations ferry at 1:45 pm.  The times would be perfect, but now I'm scared about taking two different ferries, and if it would complicate my journey.  I decided to just bite the bullet and buy the NCL ship excursion.  Thanks for your help.

I know it’s tough…We’ve taken two different ferries in the past and paid $19 more but it worked for us. But Sensations is a new company. 
I understand it’s hard to go out of the box when having to count on both companies…

I’m sure you will enjoy your day..,

7 hours ago, mezabx said:

Thank you, I decided to book the NCL excursion for the same reason.   Unfortunately this cost our family of four $376, compared to DIY which would have cost $172.  Would have been nice to save the $200 but the ferry times just didn't work for me.

Still cheaper than mine. We paid $400+ for the same NCL excursion for four.

I've been debating the DIY and ship excursion as well. The ship is in port from 8am-5pm(assuming all aboard will be 4:30).  I could make the 9am Speedy's but would their 3:30 still be cutting it too close? I've read in some reviews that it takes 30 minutes and others that it takes 45 min. I've booked the ship excursion already so it won't get sold out but I'd really rather do it DIY. If I took the 2 different companies ferries, are there taxi's at the ferry dock and at the baths that can take me to/from without using the ferry taxis?

6 hours ago, sportscruiser said:

I've been debating the DIY and ship excursion as well. The ship is in port from 8am-5pm(assuming all aboard will be 4:30).  I could make the 9am Speedy's but would their 3:30 still be cutting it too close? I've read in some reviews that it takes 30 minutes and others that it takes 45 min. I've booked the ship excursion already so it won't get sold out but I'd really rather do it DIY. If I took the 2 different companies ferries, are there taxi's at the ferry dock and at the baths that can take me to/from without using the ferry taxis?

I think the official answer would be 45 mins, but I guess sometimes it could be faster (maybe due to sea condition or otherwise).

Now I want to cancel my NCL excursion because DIY is much cheaper. My ship will be in port from 6:45 am to 5:30 pm, so I can take the 9:00 am or 10:40 am ferry from road town and return on the 3:30 pm ferry. However, another ship that will be in port that day has 5000+ guests, so total 8000+ guests for the two ships. Given that many guests may take the 3:30 pm return ferry, I am not sure if there would be enough space. Your thoughts please?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, sportscruiser said:

Allow 30 minutes for the ride, 45 for any delays.

Yes for sure there are taxis available for independent DIYers. You can also work with a driver to be dropped and picked up and hit the Baths at a less congestive time. Taxi fares are inexpensive in the Valley area, and a stop at Savannah Bay would be nice!

Edited by blue_water
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CruisingFun2023 said:

Now I want to cancel my NCL excursion because DIY is much cheaper. My ship will be in port from 6:45 am to 5:30 pm, so I can take the 9:00 am or 10:40 am ferry from road town and return on the 3:30 pm ferry. However, another ship that will be in port that day has 5000+ guests, so total 8000+ guests for the two ships. Given that many guests may take the 3:30 pm return ferry, I am not sure if there would be enough space. Your thoughts please?

When using a popular return ferry just get in line early.

We’ve seen multiple ferries on busy ship excursion days…

• Like 1

Thanks @blue_water , @CruisingFun2023! Good to know that there are independent drivers I could use. @CruisingFun2023, you should definitely do it on your own if there'll be that many people in port that day....you can get there and maybe even be done with the Baths portion before the ship tours come! Plus, I think it's let's than 1/2 of the cost of the NCL excursion!

I noticed that they updated their ferry times in late January of 2023 so I'm going to make sure I check back to see if they update them again this year before my cruise in March.

• Like 1