Oman Visa???

2640julie

I am shortly due to take a trip in the Persian Gulf which includes an overnight stay in Muscat before boarding the Silver Moon for a 10 night cruise which also includes a day in another Oman port. We hold UK passports and have seen very conflicting infomation. Our Foriegn Office website indicates that we can obtain a free 14 day visa on arrival if we have valid insurance, can evidence hotel stay and have return ticket. This sounds like it applies mainly to those just flying in and out, but does anyone know whether there would be a problem in providing details of our cruise instead of the return ticket. The alternative is a relatively expensive vias for 30 days, which is way more than we need.

I would cll your cruise line and ask that question.  Most of your responses from CC will be from USA citizens, and our requirements may different than yours.  Im from US, and if I remember correctly, when we landed in Dubai ( departure for a cruise), we filled out the immigration form and told them where were staying for 2 nights, then also stated we were going on a cruise with ........( fill in the name of the cruise line).  Also, sometimes the cruise line arranges for the visa and it is charged into your fare.  That's why I say call the cruise line and get the correct answers from someone who is really in the know.