priority cabin access

pinkiek

My cruise is January 14th. My boarding pass reads as above. I completed boarding information on 12/29. I have not received the email above with the detail room instructions for baggage drop off. I will update my post with information upon receipt. 

2 hours ago, ledges1 said:

My cruise is January 14th. My boarding pass reads as above. I completed boarding information on 12/29. I have not received the email above with the detail room instructions for baggage drop off. I will update my post with information upon receipt. 

For my last 2 cruises (October 30 Valor and December 17 Glory) I received the email 16 days before sailing.  I also checked in 16 days before sailing, so not sure whether the timing was a function of sailing date or check-in date.

In any event, it wouldn't surprise me if they stop sending this email and they try to roll back early access altogether or make it just a FTTF benefit.  The stewards are responsible for so many rooms now and undoubtedly some of the early access guests slow them down.  Even just going to my cabin to drop off luggage, I'm still in the way of and/or dodging the housekeeping carts, bags of towels and linens, vacuum cleaner cords, carpet dryers, the stewards themselves, and other random things in the hallways.  I wouldn't be surprised if some people stay in their rooms even when they're not supposed to and/or try to engage with the stewards when they're working to get cabins ready as quickly as possible.

In August on the Sunshine we had the same notice about Plat/Diamond. Upon boarding we (some of the first boarding) went to our cabin and it was ready with the SS cards in the mailbox. We went in and dropped off our luggage, the steward came by and said stay! No problem... We went and got brunch and returned about noon. The view from the cabin was fine and we had a couple of drinks before heading back out around 12:30. Hope to do the same for New Years 2024 on the Sunshine (last cruise from Charleston SC).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobsfamily said:

In August on the Sunshine we had the same notice about Plat/Diamond. Upon boarding we (some of the first boarding) went to our cabin and it was ready with the SS cards in the mailbox. We went in and dropped off our luggage, the steward came by and said stay! No problem... We went and got brunch and returned about noon. The view from the cabin was fine and we had a couple of drinks before heading back out around 12:30. Hope to do the same for New Years 2024 on the Sunshine (last cruise from Charleston SC).

Nice that you got on the last cruise out of Charleston! I've enjoyed cruising out of the city so much over the years. Will be missed!

• Like 2