Celebrity Spirit Mexican Riviera Cruise

karen85a

Hi All

Wonder if you can give me some advice. I live in the UK and have only cruised with UK Shipping Lines mainly P & O. I am thinking of taking a tour that starts in Las Vegas, then Los Angeles, then finally San Diego where we pick up the "Spirit" for the Mexican Riviera Cruise.

I have no idea of what the weather is like or which months the American/Mexican Seasons are in. My husband and I have cruised the caribbean and have always avoided the Hurricane season June to December and would like to do this on this trip. The trip seems to operate October to April are these good weather wise?

Also having never cruised on an American ship can you advise drink (liquor) costs.

Many thanks in advance

Karen

Celebrity does not have a ship called the Spirit. Perhaps you are thinking of the ship that belongs to Norwegian cruise lines. The Celebrity ship that typically does the Mexico cruises is the Mercury. Regardless of the cruise line, you are generally limited to sailing the Mexican Riviera from October to April as you have indicated because the ships are sent to Alaska the other months.

We did the Mexican Riviera at the end of October last year and had great weather. The seas were calm too, although not as warm and clear blue as the Caribbean. The climate is drier and not quite so hot and humid between October and April, so it's a good time to go.

I think you are talking of Carnival Spirit. Not sure of the drinks prices for them. You may want to post your question on the Carnival board.

I'd try and spend at least a couple of days in San Diego before your cruise. I thought it was a great place, with lots to see and do.

Phil

Archived