Tell me what you like about Virgin Voyages

littlemoos

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2024 at 2:31 AM, Cloud9 Bob said:

No kids, decent food, friendly staff, all inclusive. Didn’t like small pool, no quiet area (except cabin), the color red everywhere.

Yes--this. And silly things to most people but I love the 80s style arcade--all free games.No one ever talks about the arcade, am I the only one who still likes to play Space Invaders?

Private karakoke rooms included. The free ice cream shop (not soft serve) called Lick Me till Ice Scream. Also the fact that I can tell my cabin steward I need more water or what-not with the tablet, not leaving notes or waiting to see them.

And especially the lack of relentless upselling and extra fees.

And the fact that most of the other passengers are chill and friendly.

Edited by Gretchendz
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

Yes--this. And silly things to most people but I love the 80s style arcade--all free games.No one ever talks about the arcade, am I the only one who still likes to play Space Invaders?

I spent ages playing Daytona racing like I was 18 again.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

Private karakoke rooms included. The free ice cream shop (not soft serve) called Lick Me till Ice Scream. Also the fact that I can tell my cabin steward I need more water or what-not with the tablet, not leaving notes or waiting to see them.

And especially the lack of relentless upselling and extra fees.

And the fact that most of the other passengers are chill and friendly.

I love the arcade, one of my favorite things on the ship!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2024 at 4:45 PM, CineGraphic said:

The captain doesn't really stand out because he's not wearing the typical captain's uniform.

We saw the captain during the most recent transatlantic at least every other day. One could easily mistake him for a crew member. His boss (commodore/fleet commander?) was also with him on a few occasions.

I was recently on a HAL sailing, and the noon announcements by the captain were more fitting for a resort in the Catskills.

This exactly, the black of traditional nautical uniforms makes it difficult to know who is who. We ate lunch beside the captain at the Galley once and really only noticed because my wife was close enough to see “Captain” in tiny print below his name on the name tag. Otherwise same polo and gray pants as almost everyone else onboard.  

• Like 1

I didn't set any records on Daytona but I did wear out a path between the game and getting hot pretzels - and a few of the specialty treats.  Tested out the theory that you are a worse driver when intoxicated.  

SPOILER - You are a worse race car driver while intoxicated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/4/2024 at 4:14 PM, TheDarkestBlue said:

I don't drink much and found myself having a hard time spending down my bar tab. On the last night, bought an expensive bottle of champagne and shared it with other folks at the bar. I didn't want to leave money on the table 

Had a great time, for all the reasons Walter outlines though I don't miss hearing from the captain, LOL. Thanks Walter for the tip on the corn at pink agave, it was excellent 🙂

That's exactly what my daughter and I did the last night with our leftover bar tab. And yes that corn was very good!!!

• Like 2