Changing cabins on a B2B cruise

jeffyd

We are going to be on the EJ1 from Jan 5, 2024 to Jan 11, 2024, then on the next segment from Jan 11, 2024 to Jan 19, 2024. We ended up booking these at two different times and thus have two different Booking #s and two different cabins since the same cabin was not available when we booked the second segment (though the two cabins are only 8 cabins apart on the same deck and the same side of the ship). We are in an OT1.

My question is, has anyone had a similar experience either on EJ or even another cruise line and what did you have to do on the transition day (in our case Jan 11, 2024 when we'll be in Cartagena)?

Do we just pack up all our clothes and set them out the night before like the passengers that are leaving that day?

Will someone take our bags to our new cabin or do we need to get off the ship and get them and go thru getting back on the ship like the new passengers?

Can we get off the ship and go on an excursion that day and just make sure we're back on prior to the sail away time?

etc., etc. for things I'm not thinking of! 🙂

We've never had this situation so just wondering if others have and how it was handled? I called Explora customer service and they weren't sure and said just work it out when we get on the ship during the first leg. I'm good with that but was just cuious if others had this experience and what it was like. Thanks!

Jeff

Posted (edited)

We changed suites in November on a b2b. It was super easy. We packed up loose things left all the items that were on hangers. The host moved everything when our new suite was ready. Only thing they need you to move is your safe contents. 
They had prioritised cleaning the room we were going to so we were all moved by 0930. I suppose if we’d been happy carrying the safe contents ashore we could have gone out sooner 

Coming back on ship you have a transit card so skip the new arrivals process and can come and go like any port day 

Edited by uktog

Thanks uktog! We just heard from our travel agent that she got us a new room for both segments so we won't have to worry about the luggage. Thanks also for the tip about the transit card and skipping the new arrivals process. We board EJ1 in 3 days and are very excited to see what the EJ experience is like! 

• Like 1