Ocean Medallion Question

agmom1989

I have a situation--

1.  I signed up for my Ocean Medallion about a month ago and paid for the shipping.

2.  A few weeks later, I completed my information to become "ocean ready" and then it required me to complete the information for the Ocean Medallion again.  Around the same time, I purchased the Princess Premier package.

3.  Today, I received two emails, each saying my medallions have been mailed (they each have their own receipt number).

4.  Question--Is this going to cause an issue when we check in?  I guess I will bring both sets of medallions just in case, but has this ever happened to anyone?

2 minutes ago, agmom1989 said:

I have a situation--

1.  I signed up for my Ocean Medallion about a month ago and paid for the shipping.

2.  A few weeks later, I completed my information to become "ocean ready" and then it required me to complete the information for the Ocean Medallion again.  Around the same time, I purchased the Princess Premier package.

3.  Today, I received two emails, each saying my medallions have been mailed (they each have their own receipt number).

4.  Question--Is this going to cause an issue when we check in?  I guess I will bring both sets of medallions just in case, but has this ever happened to anyone?

I doubt if you will have any issues.  
if you paid to have the medallions shipped before you got the premier package, you will probably get a refund onboard.  You may have to ask for it .. that is, if it’s worth it for you to do so.  

• Like 1

Interesting - still no indication that the medallion had shipped, and when I went to the new app, I could not pull up the order history. Then unexpectedly I had items in my cart. I saw that it was one part of my order (mine, not my spouse) and it showed it needed to be completed. I completed it, and received another confirmation that this would be sent. For my wife, it still showed her medallion pending. I called the number and they said that our original order had actually shipped on Jan 3 (yesterday) and was enroute with delivery expected on Jan 8. The person on the phone recommended that I not use the new app, as they were still fixing problems with it, and I should use only the old app for now. Not at all what I expected, but at least it looks like I have medallions coming.

So... don't trust the new app to provide correct status on the medallion orders. I'm gong back to the old app.... the old app actually does show the order shipped and gave me the tracking number.

However, it may be that I'll have two of at least one of my medallions... did you ever get an answer of what to do if you get duplicates? Bring both? 

51 minutes ago, talcert said:

Interesting - still no indication that the medallion had shipped, and when I went to the new app, I could not pull up the order history. Then unexpectedly I had items in my cart. I saw that it was one part of my order (mine, not my spouse) and it showed it needed to be completed. I completed it, and received another confirmation that this would be sent. For my wife, it still showed her medallion pending. I called the number and they said that our original order had actually shipped on Jan 3 (yesterday) and was enroute with delivery expected on Jan 8. The person on the phone recommended that I not use the new app, as they were still fixing problems with it, and I should use only the old app for now. Not at all what I expected, but at least it looks like I have medallions coming.

So... don't trust the new app to provide correct status on the medallion orders. I'm gong back to the old app.... the old app actually does show the order shipped and gave me the tracking number.

However, it may be that I'll have two of at least one of my medallions... did you ever get an answer of what to do if you get duplicates? Bring both? 

I haven't gotten an answer yet.  The new app says we "are ready to sail".

On 1/2/2024 at 4:37 PM, Cruise Raider said:

I doubt if you will have any issues.  
if you paid to have the medallions shipped before you got the premier package, you will probably get a refund onboard.  You may have to ask for it .. that is, if it’s worth it for you to do so.  

The cost isn't really the issue--just wondering if both sets of  medallions will work or just one set.

• Like 1